- Messages
- 548
Do it on an AK.You can grip and shoot a fin grip with one hand if the fin grip has a thumb shelf.
By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.
Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.
Do it on an AK.You can grip and shoot a fin grip with one hand if the fin grip has a thumb shelf.
Because I have a 1911 in my left hand.But why would you even want to shoot a rifle with one hand?
So you want to shoot two guns at the same time? I understand maybe needing to hold two guns in each hand but not shooting two at the same time. Just doesn't seem practical at all. You watch too many movies. Even with a fin grip you could still hold and shoot and AR with one hand about as accurately as an AR with a standard grip. So I don't think your argument holds any water. Even a standard AR wasn't designed to be used primarily one-handed, why does it have a stock then?Because I have a 1911 in my left hand.
All my AK's are fully featured RAWs so I don't have a featureless AK to test that but I am sure it would work as well.Do it on an AK.
I get the fin grip looks better. I prefer a sparrow or juggernaut grip.
But why would you even want to shoot a rifle with one hand?
I just highly doubt I will ever be in a life-or-death situation where I have to shoot two guns in each hand exactly at the same time. Just seems highly unlikely.In life or death situation it may have nothing to do with want and everything to do with having to. Firearms whether it's pistols or rifles should operate the way the manufacturer intended them to. That includes manipulating the safety and being able to drop the magazine. That's critical to firearm safety but California doesn't care too much about that
I just highly doubt I will ever be in a life-or-death situation where I have to shoot two guns in each hand exactly at the same time. Just seems highly unlikely.
In reality though, NO rifle is good to shoot one handed, regardless of it having a pistol grip or a rifle type grip.It would work, just not well.
I actually functionally prefer the fin grip over the sparrow. I have wrist pains after shooting the sparrow for a while unless I chicken wing it, which I don't like because it makes it more difficult to shoot on the move in tighter courses of fire. I don't notice this on an actual rifle stock such as the Ruger PC9, maybe because the hand position is higher.I get the fin grip looks better. I prefer a sparrow or juggernaut grip.
Strong hand only for PCC means two hands on the gun, shooting from the strong side shoulder — no different from freestyle. I’m surprised that no one on your squads have known this, including the R.O.s, and have allowed you to think you had to shoot your PCC with only one hand on these types of classifiers.I actually functionally prefer the fin grip over the sparrow. I have wrist pains after shooting the sparrow for a while unless I chicken wing it, which I don't like because it makes it more difficult to shoot on the move in tighter courses of fire. I don't notice this on an actual rifle stock such as the Ruger PC9, maybe because the hand position is higher.
I use a larger ambi safety to rest my thumb on a fin grip and this provides a decent purchase. I've shot USPSA classifiers that require "strong hand only" one-handed with a fin gripped PCC (because i don't care about classification) and it's worked decently. This may change as I get older and lose grip strength.
I know. I intentionally shot it one hand and informed the RO I would be doing so, in part to be funny and in part to see if it was possible.Strong hand only for PCC means two hands on the gun, shooting from the strong side shoulder — no different from freestyle. I’m surprised that no one on your squads have known this, including the R.O.s, and have allowed you to think you had to shoot your PCC with only one hand on these types of classifiers.
Pistols too but we should practice one handed target shooting . AR’s are also better with its original style grip.In reality though, NO rifle is good to shoot one handed, regardless of it having a pistol grip or a rifle type grip.
ALL rifles are better to shoot 2 handed as they are designed.
Or an ar 17 hmr. Fun little round.You can build an AR 22 and make it look normal.
Thanks captain obvious. No one is debating that a standard pistol grip on an AR is optimal. What people are saying is that shooting a longgun, any longgun, one handed is not optimal, pistol grip or not, and is also not necessary, and no longgun has ever been designed to shoot one handed with the "trigger" hand holding and pointing the firearm without the use of a rest or the stock against the torso. To fantasize about how it could be necessary in a life or death scenario and therefore an AR with a fin grip is a deal breaker, is absolute nonsense. We arent talking about pistols, PDWs or SMGs. Im defining a longgun as a firearm with a stock and at least a 16" barrel.AR’s are also better with its original style grip.