18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

A "replacement" pistol for the H&K P30S v3

I have, but it has basically zero mechanical features other than a slide release. When in comparison to others I've looked at or mentioned, it looks/feels "under designed". No safety, no de🐓er, etc. Some people like having those options, others don't, and both view points are legit/valid. Maybe because I'm used to having them, thus why I keep looking for them in a gun I plan on carrying as a CCW.
Not sure what you mean about the P2000 looking/feeling under-designed. I don't think I've ever heard anyone claim an HK was underdesigned. The standard V3 version with DA/SA trigger does have a decocker. Just no manual safety, which IMHO is not necessary, also the DA trigger is fairly heavy. The grip is also shorter than the P30. I believe it is a superior design to the P30. The P2000 is kind of like a hammer-fired Glock 19 with much better ergonomics.
 
Last edited:
I have, but it has basically zero mechanical features other than a slide release. When in comparison to others I've looked at or mentioned, it looks/feels "under designed". No safety, no decocker, etc. Some people like having those options, others don't, and both view points are legit/valid. Maybe because I'm used to having them, thus why I keep looking for them in a gun I plan on carrying as a CCW.
People run on and on about the LEM trigger but I have the V3 which is DA with decocker. Also, get the mag release from the H&K store. Its a stock part for another model pistol and it fits the P2000SK without modification and is much easier to actuate.
 
p2000sk v3. no external safety but as noted, the DA pull is pretty heavy. has a rear decocker. there are actually very few differences between the p2000 and p30 other than like the rail. I'm not sure you can actually find a p30sk with an external safety. I know they make a p30s and p30sL but not sure bout the SK/.
this has the gray guns trigger (I like how it's 90 deg at the break) and the SRT. I lightened the hammer spring and then went back to stock. extended mag release is a must. Xgrips on a standard length mag was the "right" feel for my hand.

1748048205455.png
 
Why not just go with the P2000 non sk then? Thats why I did. Another pro that the non sk has is no finger grooves.
I like finger groves, as it helps with keeping control with my short sausage fingers. They're why I don't own a CZ75b. The trigger is too far forward for me.
 
Back
Top Bottom