18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

AB1078 - New Purchase Limits, CCW Rules Starting 2026

Not sure why the livescan on renewal, livescan for ccw already has ackback forever, so it’s not like the county would not be notified if one were arrested for anything
 
“Social media comments…”

Welcome to the new age where exercising your first means you lose your second.

Just stay in line.

Meanwhile actual government leadership telling our military to defect from the Commander in CHEIF refusing orders….
 
“Social media comments…”

Welcome to the new age where exercising your first means you lose your second.

You are correct. We live in a new age. Social media has enormous power and can be more of a hazard to society than a gun. New age, new rules.

By the way, I don't think anyone is going to take your guns a way from you because you posted how much you love Taylor Swift. Maybe, but I don't think so.

Meanwhile actual government leadership telling our military to defect from the Commander in CHEIF refusing orders….

Actually, they simply reminded members of the military of what is already the law. Didn't have much to do with the Commander in CHEIF [sic] or anyone one else.
 
You’re equating the privilege of obtaining a pilot’s license with the constitutionally protected right to keep and bear arms. I will never see privileges and rights — especially natural rights — as analogous.
Where does it say in the constitution you have the right to CC a firearm? I think a CCW permit is a privilege.

I disagree a CCW is a right.

Owning and possessing a firearm is a right. CCW is a privilege.
 
“Social media comments…”

Welcome to the new age where exercising your first means you lose your second.

Just stay in line.

Meanwhile actual government leadership telling our military to defect from the Commander in CHEIF refusing orders….
I don't feel like watching the video but reading the bill, I don't see that they added anything about disqualifying activities. It should ge obvious though, don't put stupid 💩 online.
 
You are correct. We live in a new age. Social media has enormous power and can be more of a hazard to society than a gun. New age, new rules.

By the way, I don't think anyone is going to take your guns a way from you because you posted how much you love Taylor Swift. Maybe, but I don't think so.



Actually, they simply reminded members of the military of what is already the law. Didn't have much to do with the Commander in CHEIF [sic] or anyone one else.
You joined a gun forum and this is your first post? Something tells me you’re not here for the guns.
 
Where does it say in the constitution you have the right to CC a firearm?
“The right of the people to keep AND BEAR arms shall not be infringed.”

I think a CCW permit is a privilege.

I disagree a CCW is a right.

Owning and possessing a firearm is a right. CCW is a privilege.
That’s why we have a Bill of Rights. It protects the rights of the minority from the tyranny of the majority, and people who think like you do.
 
You joined a gun forum and this is your first post? Something tells me you’re not here for the guns.

Responding to a fellow forum member. This is a forum, is it not? Or did you expect that everything you say will be the last word on the subject?
 
Responding to a fellow forum member. This is a forum, is it not? Or did you expect that everything you say will be the last word on the subject?
Spoken like a banned member back with a new account. Figuring out who you were before is going to be fun. My initial thought is the fake Marine Corps colonel, but it’s too early to tell. Keep posting!
 
Spoken like a banned member back with a new account. Figuring out who you were before is going to be fun. My initial thought is the fake Marine Corps colonel, but it’s too early to tell. Keep posting!
He's been a member since July.

Reminder about keeping it civil folks, we can disagree respectfully.
 
A new live scan for renewals? Ridiculous. I’m strongly leaning towards not renewing. Too much red tape and too many restrictions. I appreciate you providing this information. It’s just incredibly depressing that the legislature is so openly hostile to our rights. When is the supreme court going to finally overturn all of California’s blatant infringements?
I thought every renewal was a background check/Livescan, regardless?
 
I did a quick scan of the Bill text and didn't see any carve out for FFL 03 holders - previous FFL 03 holders could get around the 1 in 30 day rule?
 
I did a quick scan of the Bill text and didn't see any carve out for FFL 03 holders - previous FFL 03 holders could get around the 1 in 30 day rule?
Affirmative
 
Affirmative
Does the 3 in 30 SPECIFICALLY zero out the old FFL03 law, is my question? Man, we really need a single subject bill amendment to the state constitution, and a referendum on gut and amend so the legislature just can't do whatever it wants.
 
That’s absolutely not the point. It’s not about the live scan (though I’d imagine that requirement is just designed to make it more expensive to renew a permit since live scan is inexplicably substantially more expensive than ink fingerprints despite providing the same function). It’s about the fact that the legislature deliberately tries to make it more difficult, more time consuming, and more expensive to exercise our rights every year. Here’s an example that may help explain my disgust with this state an it’s permitting system: I have a non resident permit from another state. It costs $100 every five years and they turn around the renewal in 30 days. Why is it in this state it costs hundreds, takes significantly longer, and is only valid for two years?
So you just turn over and be submissive to them?
 
Spoken like a banned member back with a new account. Figuring out who you were before is going to be fun. My initial thought is the fake Marine Corps colonel, but it’s too early to tell. Keep posting!
Ha! Dang, I missed that. I hope it was entertaining!
 
I’m surprised they have new livescans for ccw renewals too.
 
Back
Top Bottom