18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

About to get my permit, Where can I NOT carry?

I just renewed my permit and there is a change in one area I am aware of: Anywhere that serves alcohol. Prior I believe it required that the primary business was the sale of alcohol. So now, Chili's, Applebee's, etc. are now out.
Thanks for bringing the thread back to subject. Before it was hijacked, this was detailed in Post #29.

There also are changes to the maximum number of licensed guns you can carry at one time (2) and the type of container (lock box v. Secure container) which CCW holders must use to store their firearms in vehicles.

The application provides a complete list of the carry requirements and prohibitions.
 
Last edited:
If you're referring to the 2 days lag in responding to you, no. I don't spend much time on this site. Didn't see you call me out. Not enough new or interesting posts here.

I am on Calguns daily. Way more traffic there. It is definitely down at times, but if you try again a little later it's working fine. Certainly annoying and I hold out hope it will someday get fixed. But to say Calguns never works is patently false.
no, what i ment is how does it take for calguns servers to get back up? i can never get it to work its always "gateway timeout" the times it does work the first link i click on with timeout
 
Back
Top Bottom