- Messages
- 197
Recently added a CZ 82 in 9x18 Makarov to my C&R collection. Now my CZ P-01 has an older cousin (or is it uncle)?
The CZ 82 is quirky and old school, but feels good in the hands. The double action trigger is smooth and feels better than the stock DA on the P-01 actually! I took it completely apart (thanks to couple of excellent detailed youtube videos) and cleaned it with bore cleaner. The chrome lined polygonal rifling is almost invisible to the naked eye, but shows up clearly on my bore camera. There are some tricky and frustrating mechanical acrobatics I had to do putting it back together. I wonder if the Czechs on purpose designed it so quirky just to piss off the Soviets! Changed the recoil spring to a Wolff spring. Will find some range time to put some rounds through it.
The CZ 82 is quirky and old school, but feels good in the hands. The double action trigger is smooth and feels better than the stock DA on the P-01 actually! I took it completely apart (thanks to couple of excellent detailed youtube videos) and cleaned it with bore cleaner. The chrome lined polygonal rifling is almost invisible to the naked eye, but shows up clearly on my bore camera. There are some tricky and frustrating mechanical acrobatics I had to do putting it back together. I wonder if the Czechs on purpose designed it so quirky just to piss off the Soviets! Changed the recoil spring to a Wolff spring. Will find some range time to put some rounds through it.