18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

Pics An Old School Classic Main Battle Rifle... Luxembourg FN49

echo1

Well-known member
📝 Contributor
Messages
444
Hi Gunners,

Here's some closer shots of a beautiful firearm, .30-06 Luxembourg FN49. It's in excellent condition, the bolt face and hammer doesn't show signs of having been run much, mostly handling and rack wear. The LGS was asking $2400 bucks but I talked him into a trade, we swapped straight across for 3 SKSs, a Yugo 59/66, 2 Chinee SKSs, a commercial production rifle, and home-grown Paratrooper, he covered the DROS too. He knows I'm an SKS whore. I never would have been able to spend that kind of money, but I was at the tail end of offing the last of my SKS dupes and parts-built rifles that I'd had for decades. Anyway here she is, enjoy PAX
001.jpg

 
Last edited:
I bought an 8mm FN49 back in 98 for 275.00 when I lived in Nevada, that completed my semi-auto 8mm collection.
Already had the Hakim & G43, ammo was dirt cheap.
I had a couple of rifles that were chambered for 7mm Mauser, one was an original Spanish 1890's M93 that was converted to a carbine in the 30's, I bought it for 75.00 lol.
Surplus ammo was dirt cheap in Shotgun News, sad thing is surplus ammo dries up.
 
Last edited:
I had an Egyptian, but let it go last year, I'm looking for a sniper replacement.
I'm haggling over an Agy NATO chambered rifle as we speak. Here's a shot of my WWII-ish main battle iron.
I've also got a PSG1 clone based on an SAR8, fixed 5 rounder CETME mag. PAX
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom