- Messages
- 1,366
- Classified ads
- 5
Do you think you might like a 2011 since you were raised on 1911’s? All metal, double stack mags, but 9mm instead?Hey there folks,
As it says above, my Daddy raised me on 1911s and Iron sights and I guess I just never evolved. I love my hammer fired pistols, and I just haven't fully accepted striker-fired as my lord and savior. Not that there's anything wrong with them. They're slick (except for Glocks... sorry Glock Bros, but I hate em, they're hideous and I can't stand how they handle), they're streamlined, their easy, they're functional, and they're the present and future of great firearms. But I just can't seem to find one that I shoot and feel, 'Oh yeah! I want one of these!'
I will grant that I have not shot a variety of them. A lot of my my experience with them is shooting a few Glocks, a couple of Caniks, the Hellcat, and the XD. My issue is I just don't enjoy the "feel" of any of these guns. I don't like the trigger compared to a good SA/DA, every shot feels more "hollow" than hammer fired if that makes sense to anyone (I don't exactly know how to explain it, almost as if there's no 'body' to the gun and the recoil feels sharper despite not being any heavier than normal), and I like having hammer control and some mode of safety like a deer or manual safety (I like that the TP9 had a de
ing button despite it being a completely useless function).
My question is this: Do you folks have suggestions for a striker fired pistol that someone like me would actually really like given the info above (before I get old and crotechety and completely unwilling to change my ways)?
Especially looking for good compacts or subcompacts for carry that has readily available parts or accessories. Bonus points for anything that is super reliable without absolutely breaking the bank, but I'm not going to look an advice-horse in the mouth.
Thanks y'all!
What did you think of the Glock 34 for a full size frame when you shot it? Too long of a slide; how about a Glock 17?
Your thoughts of Tokarev in 7.62x25?