18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Anybody else also thinking of getting out of 45 ACP?

This is my first revolver and I'm surprised I haven't learned about this model before. It looks like the dirty Harry model 29 but shoots very softly. The moon clips make it very easy to reload too.
I think it’s that huge N-frame (same frame as the Model 29 in 44 mag). Couple that with 45ACP and it’s a sweet shooting revolver!!

Moonclips: FWIW I’ve had good luck with EZ Moon Clips

 
If I had to do things over again, I’d probably just stick with 9 mm. That is mostly driver by my developing arthritis in my hands in my 50s and thinking that there will be a day .45 ACP might be too painful; not too bad yet. To date, I have still shot more .45 ACP than 9 mm. Love the cartridge but age rather than ammo price is causing me to shoot it much less than 9 mm. I won’t sell the .45 ACP pistols I own though. I don’t have an all steel one so I “might” get a 1911 long slide with brass grips to see how the recoil feels.
 
Back
Top Bottom