18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Anybody else also thinking of getting out of 45 ACP?

I found myself not really shooting 45 at all lately, and thinking of just selling my pistols and ammo to make room for other things. Primarily moved to 9mm and there has been a slew of new 9mm pistols and other options, not much new for 45 lately. Anybody else in the same boat?

Also may help to thin the herd a little....
I have 1 1911 and that’s my only .45… a Les Bauer SRP and I never shoot it lol
 
I posted this on another thread, but Ikeo said that thread is going to be deleted, so I thought I should post it here in case anyone else out there could use it — especially those who are interested in not having to give up God’s Caliber as they get older. I can’t find the actual article online right now (there’s a PDF of it floating around somewhere), but John Markwell developed a low-recoil .45 ACP handload called the "Geezer Load" to make shooting comfortable for people with joint pain. It’s particularly popular with arthritis sufferers. I loaded up four ammo cans full several years ago to train with for Single Stack competition, and I still have some left. They are accurate, fun to shoot, and great for training too. Here is the gist of Markwell’s Geezer Load:
IMG_2717.webp
IMG_2718.webp
IMG_2719.webp
 
I found myself not really shooting 45 at all lately, and thinking of just selling my pistols and ammo to make room for other things. Primarily moved to 9mm and there has been a slew of new 9mm pistols and other options, not much new for 45 lately. Anybody else in the same boat?

Also may help to thin the herd a little....
No, 45 ACP in my opinion is superior to 9 mm. Sure most 9 mm pistols made today have larger magazine capacity. The test on ballistic dummies show similar results of 45s v 9 mm. I'm not ever wanting to get shot or ever want to shoot anyone but my opinion is that the true test can only be performed on a live human.
 
I found myself not really shooting 45 at all lately, and thinking of just selling my pistols and ammo to make room for other things. Primarily moved to 9mm and there has been a slew of new 9mm pistols and other options, not much new for 45 lately. Anybody else in the same boat?

Also may help to thin the herd a little....
Call me. Maybe I'll take some of those .45's off your hands!

Seriously; are you selling pistols & accessories?? 😁👀
 
Back
Top Bottom