18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

Anyone seen this before?

CAshooter

Member
Messages
69
Anyone ever encounter something like this before? I picked up my holstered handgun/spare mag combo and something felt “off”. I realized the gun seemed a bit more loose in the holster than normal. Upon further inspection, the kydex split down each side of the slide, one side almost to the end. I’ve been carrying AIWB practically daily for almost 28 years, but used leather until about 5 years ago. I’ve had this holster a couple years (I think) and it’s been really great. Contacted the company via their support email on their website, who responded within 10 minutes. Due to their Lifetime Warranty, they found my original order, and are making an “expedited” replacement as we speak. Should ship out next week. And before you ask, here’s the gun/holster details:

Sig P365X-Macro in an OD Green Tier 1 Concealed Axis Elite w/claw
 

Attachments

  • FullSizeRender.webp
    FullSizeRender.webp
    131.7 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_4192.webp
    IMG_4192.webp
    117.5 KB · Views: 51
Anyone ever encounter something like this before? I picked up my holstered handgun/spare mag combo and something felt “off”. I realized the gun seemed a bit more loose in the holster than normal. Upon further inspection, the kydex split down each side of the slide, one side almost to the end. I’ve been carrying AIWB practically daily for almost 28 years, but used leather until about 5 years ago. I’ve had this holster a couple years (I think) and it’s been really great. Contacted the company via their support email on their website, who responded within 10 minutes. Due to their Lifetime Warranty, they found my original order, and are making an “expedited” replacement as we speak. Should ship out next week. And before you ask, here’s the gun/holster details:

Sig P365X-Macro in an OD Green Tier 1 Concealed Axis Elite w/claw
Actually no. I only use leather holsters.
 
Bad luck I guess. I have like 10 Vedder holsters and never had a crack
 
I had an MSP PRO FLX develop a small crack on the main part that touches the body. Like for you, T1C sent me a replacement quickly.
 
Have three of xiphos elite, same holster without mag carrier, no cracks.
Good to hear T1C took care of you
 
Back
Top Bottom