18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

Anyone use a Little Crow 223 trimmer?

What he said. It’s fast
 
I've used the Giraud Tool version and they do a good job but if you plan on doing a lot of brass at once ( > 100 pcs ) I'd suggest figuring out how top mount face up in a drill / motor of some sort. Makes the task much nicer.
 
I've used the Giraud Tool version and they do a good job but if you plan on doing a lot of brass at once ( > 100 pcs ) I'd suggest figuring out how top mount face up in a drill / motor of some sort. Makes the task much nicer.
This one looks interesting. Trim, chamfer, and deburr at the same time. Also has a cover for collecting brass trimmings. Thanks!
 
I run mine in my mini mill, I cut a little plastic cup to fit around it so the shavings fall down instead of all over the place.

Funnily enough, I do most calibers except .223
For .223 and 308, I have the dillon power trimmer. One tool head is set up just to resize then trim.. incredibly easy and fast to do thousands in one sitting.

-Dave
 
It's awesome after adjustment it works fantastic Skeptical at first but I chuck it in a corded drill lock on the button in a vice makes short work of the process.
 
I have two now. 223 and 308. I haven’t used them much yet. I’m going to try my drill press soon. So far I like them.
 
I have several in different calibers, had them for 15+ years . I modified a water bottle for a shroud, trim on the work bench over a baking pan to collect the brass shavings, clamp an old cordless drill motor to the vise , with a zip tie holding the trigger. Im able to do roughly 200 cases per battery. They work ok, next im getting the dillon trimmer.
 
Back
Top Bottom