18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

Law Appeals Court Blocks California’s Background Checks for Ammunition Buyers - (7-24-2025)

And with respect, are you now stating that DOJ has kicked in your door at 2 a.m. and stuck a gun in your face to cite an infraction? (Following Bruen, an historical analogy may be substituted…but no hypotheticals).

Best.
I once got a stern warning along with an infraction. Does that count?
 
I’d rather not divulge any of my personal experience with any agency, be it CADOJ or BATF.

I can respectfully agree to disagree, and leave it at that.

In CA I will always dot my i’s and cross my t’s. Anything less can put someone in the cross hairs of a hyper vigilante official looking to put a feather in their cap, progress their career, establish a reputation, or all of the above. This is not the state to roll the dice in.
 
You broke your cherry, congrats! You always remember your first.

I remember it like it was yesterday. I was sitting in my office chair on break, when USMC06RET went on another of his rants. I remember it was July, the birds were singing…
Is he posting in this thread? 🤷
 
Is he posting in this thread? 🤷
Was just having fun, making a joke. And no, apparently he is on a time out do to some remarks earlier or something. I just find it humorous.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1711.png
    IMG_1711.png
    124.3 KB · Views: 2
I've just used the "ignore" feature for the first time...
I just used it too, probably for the same thing. For me it’s the second time, so I speak from experience . . . your life is about to get a whole lot better. Get ready to say hello to peace and quiet, and a lot less FUD.
 
Honest question: Is it possible for us to keep this thread focused on a factual discussion of the issue of ammunition control in California?

This battle may have been won, but the war will continue.
 
Was just having fun, making a joke. And no, apparently he is on a time out do to some remarks earlier or something. I just find it humorous.
Personally, I never block anyone. To me it means that the person blocked wins in my opinion. No matter how ridiculous, or even verbally violent they become I’m not even phased by another persons words or opinions that I don’t agree with. Some, emphasis on some, just take things personally and they let their emotions get the best of them. To each their own. Certainly the block feature may be a good tool for people who feel they need it.
 
Honest question: Is it possible for us to keep this thread focused on a factual discussion of the issue of ammunition control in California?

This battle may have been won, but the war will continue.
I find peoples personal experience and opinions relevant to the discussion, even the opinions I may not agree with. Who exactly gets to be the arbitrator of everything fact exactly? What is the point of a discussion if one persons facts are the only ones deemed relevant? 🤔
 
I find peoples personal experience and opinions relevant to the discussion, even the opinions I may not agree with. Who exactly gets to be the arbitrator of everything fact exactly? What is the point of a discussion if one persons facts are the only ones deemed relevant? 🤔

The arbiter of facts is the scientific method. :D At least, it's the best method for testing truth-claims.
 
The arbiter of facts is the scientific method. :D At least, it's the best method for testing truth-claims.
Unfortunately interpreting and enforcing the law is anything but a perfect science. It is not physics, biology, chemistry or the like.
 
Back
Top Bottom