18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

AR-10 308 barrels

lamduhh

Moderator
Staff member
CAguns Supporter
Messages
138
is criterion still a good brand of barrels ? i remember about 10 yrs ago they were highly rated but now i really dont know. what do you guys think?
 
I think they are a very good choice. At least they are a consistent performer with a good track record. I had considered looking at BA or Faxon for the price but they have some complaints here and there. I'm satisfied with the 20" midweight I got through Fulton Armory, shooting a few NRA Tactical AR matches at 500yds.

Best 500yd score.webp
M110 500yd match.webp
 
is criterion still a good brand of barrels ? i remember about 10 yrs ago they were highly rated but now i really dont know. what do you guys think?
I put one on a Remington 783 chambered for .25-06 Remington, along with a new wood laminate stock. It shoots right around 1+/- MOA.
When I want real accuracy I use Pac-Nor Barreling of Brookings, Oregon, (https://pac-nor.com/) especially their polygonal rifling in a Super Match SS barrel with their barrel nut.
Another choice is a Hart Barrels of New York ( https://hartbarrels.com/ ) Primarily I use special order AR-15 barrels without a gas port for custom varmint rifles that are manually operated. These shoot under a half-inch with proper loads in .223 Wilde chambers.
One other choice is Brux Barrels (https://bruxbarrels.com/) as used on heavy varmint rifles. My .243 WSSM rifle on a Savage Precision Target Action shoots down in the 0.186" 10 shot range.
Almost any of today's barrel makers will produce a good barrel.
 
If you’re looking at criterion I’d spend a little more and get a Craddock RTR barrel or get a full custom bartlein from them.
 
i got this barrel in 20" for 220 BNIB


i think i got an ok deal
Nice! I paid 3 bills on sale at Fulton Armory for the Match Midweight 20", the hybrid pattern was OOS everywhere else. The Hybrid is a little lighter without sacrificing stability and has a more common .750" gas block journal.

Yes, you got a good deal.
 
Back
Top Bottom