18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Ar pistol in cali

migs6504

⚠️ New Member | No Deposits ☢️
Messages
17
what's the best and most legal way to go about acquiring an ARP in california in northern cali?
 
there's so many more restrictions on an AR pistol here that there's little point in my opinion. Makes more sense if you can suppress but we obviously can't. I have a few pin and welds, a 13.9 and a 14.5.
 
there's so many more restrictions on an AR pistol here that there's little point in my opinion. Makes more sense if you can suppress but we obviously can't. I have a few pin and welds, a 13.9 and a 14.5.
i'd just want one for fun and cause it looks mean but small
 
Ppt a registered semi auto AR pistol. CA7 or single shot pistol is registered as such. If the serial number is checked and it's not still a single shot, it's a manufactured AW.
If it is semi-auto but in a fixed mag configuration then it would not be considered an AW; since semi auto pistols that accept magazines not within the handgrip must be fixed mag.
 
Can you add a brace to one in ca or is it still banned?
they aren't explicitly banned but they aren't explicitly allowed either. use at your own risk I guess
 
I had one years ago before Ecremento stopped that. It was an obnoxious range toy. Good for getting instant attention or clearing adjacent lanes.

Once Excremento put on restrictions I turned it into a rifle. My 14.5" is far more fun, controllable and accurate.
 
I had one years ago before Ecremento stopped that. It was an obnoxious range toy. Good for getting instant attention or clearing adjacent lanes.

Once Excremento put on restrictions I turned it into a rifle. My 14.5" is far more fun, controllable and accurate.
Even though my sbr is a 10.5 with an frt I still consider it a range toy. You can also hear the way it hits the steel at 100 yds vs the 20 inch a2. When I swap barrel I’ll prob go to a 12.5

Already have a 16inch
 
i was thinking two options the ca7 and revert it to semi or getting a lower from an ffl both are gonna be high in cost but what would be less grayish lmao
Converting it to semi-auto would be considered manufacturing… Only legitimate way to do it is to buy one via PPT or find one consignment. I would ask for previous DROS showing entered as a pistol.

Not sure why everyone considers them novelty. Short barrel, fast and easy with juggernaut and hogue freedom kit. So you’re limited to 10 rounds? Most things are.
 
There's a great shop in SoCal called 2A Zone that thoroughly understands how to DROS AR Pistols. I believe they have a special type of FFL that allows them to do this as a single shot.

If you're ever in SoCal that would be the place to go - or maybe give them a call and see if there is anyone that is their equal up north.
 
what's the best and most legal way to go about acquiring an ARP in california in northern cali?
I would go with the “Registered Semi-Auto Pistol” route…..quite pricey and at times hard to come by but less likely that you would run into legal issues 🤙🏽 I have to say they are extremely fun to build 😊
 
There's a great shop in SoCal called 2A Zone that thoroughly understands how to DROS AR Pistols. I believe they have a special type of FFL that allows them to do this as a single shot.

If you're ever in SoCal that would be the place to go - or maybe give them a call and see if there is anyone that is their equal up north.
do you know of any in nor cal?
 
Back
Top Bottom