I've done all the searching and I cannot find a definitive answer. The closest thing to one is here: https://johnpierceesq.com/which-buffer-tubes-can-i-use-on-my-ar-pistol/
I've read that an AR pistol must have a pistol buffer tube. I've also read it can have a carbine/buffer tube as long as you don't have a spare stock laying around, which would be considered constructive intent.
But I cannot find any California or federal law saying anything other than it must not be a stock because then it would be an SBR.
What I am wondering is if it's ok to put something like an A2 rifle length buffer tube on an AR pistol. Perhaps one should drill the hole out the end to ensure an A2 stock cannot be attached? Or what about a regular six position carbine buffer tube without a stock in sight?
Thanks
I've read that an AR pistol must have a pistol buffer tube. I've also read it can have a carbine/buffer tube as long as you don't have a spare stock laying around, which would be considered constructive intent.
But I cannot find any California or federal law saying anything other than it must not be a stock because then it would be an SBR.
What I am wondering is if it's ok to put something like an A2 rifle length buffer tube on an AR pistol. Perhaps one should drill the hole out the end to ensure an A2 stock cannot be attached? Or what about a regular six position carbine buffer tube without a stock in sight?
Thanks
Last edited: