18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

Ar9 lower options

Apologies if I’m ambushing here but I’m basically trying to get a MEAN Arms delayed upper without the wait if there’s any insight.

Setup as close to a standard AR as possible.

Looks something like:
- standard AR-15 lower
- Mean Arms mags (AR-15 dimensions)
- roller delayed and/or can accept standard AR-trigger
- LRBHO
You mean without actually getting a mean arms upper? The Maxim rdb buffer is really nice for the price. The only downside is it's stiff to charge but I'm fine with it. A bunch of people run them at Richmond. I don't know about lrbho compatability with the mean arms mags though but presumably you would want the lrbho upper system like the aero has. triggers on pccs are tricky because it's just not the same thing as an ar15, some work fine and some just don't and won't reset or will break. I like the Blitz and the CMCs, both of which are rated for PCC.
 
Apologies if I’m ambushing here but I’m basically trying to get a MEAN Arms delayed upper without the wait if there’s any insight.

Setup as close to a standard AR as possible.

Looks something like:
- standard AR-15 lower
- Mean Arms mags (AR-15 dimensions)
- roller delayed and/or can accept standard AR-trigger
- LRBHO
Good luck. I know people who have them and are on the waitlist as well. Currently they are over 10 months of waiting, probably looking closer to 12+ month wait.
 
I started with Colt style Hahn adapters way back, I think the best value & features is the Foxtrot Mike lower , not the polymer..I use the somewhat more rare Foxtrot standard charging handle upper, I think any standard upper will work . Not the forward MP5 style charging upper.
Kynshot hydraulic buffer.
 
Back
Top Bottom