18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Are HK P2000 magazines extinct?

Factory mags for any discontinued HK pistol will keep going up in price gradually as time goes by when you can find them. I have seven 8 rounders for my P7 and though you can still find them, I've seen them advertised anywhere from 120 to 160 dollars apiece.
That’s the truth. When I bought my second P7M8 a few years ago I bought every mag that guy had. I have about 15 P7M8 magazines now!

Dan
 
One of the very positive features of H&K is commonality of magazines. If you stick to the same calibre, they all mostly fit each other…USP, USPc, P30, VP9, VP40, and their subcompacts fit cross-platforms.

Dan
 
Though you gotta pay attention with the P7. Or at least I do. I accidentally bought a heel release mag for the P7M8 I had bought at Turner's in 2001 but kept it anyway. Sold it around 2003 because I didn't like the finger lever release. Try as I may I just couldn't get used to it. Fast forward about six years and I bought a police trade in made in 1985 with the heel mag release so that worked out after digging through my parts box and retrieving that 8 rounder. Mags I bought later were averaging about 65 at that time. They're at least double that now.
 
Back
Top Bottom