18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

CCW AZ CCW

Just got both my California and Arizona CCW's. Man what a difference. Here's my timelines.

California:
  • Application Submitted - 9/26/24 - $57.00
  • Interview at Sac Sherriff's Dept. - 1/15/25
  • Completed 16 Hour training - 1/26/25 - $185.00 (discounted due to my membership at my local range or would have been $250.00)
  • Live Scan 1/31/25 - $137.50
  • FBI Cleared - 1/31/25
  • CA Cleared 2/12/25
  • Firearms cleared 2/15/25
  • Robo call received notifying of approval and to pay final fee - 2/17/25 - $196.57
  • Picked up permit from Sherriff's Office - 2/18/25
  • Grand total - 5 months and $576.07

Arizona:
  • Application submitted - 3/02/25 - $67.45
  • Fieldprint Live Scan - 3/03/25 - Appointment fee $10.25
  • Email Approval received - 3/07/25 - approval only took 5 days!!!
  • Received CCW in the mail - 3/18/25
  • Grand Total - 16 days and $77.70
Looking into Nevada now. Yes, I know Arizona covers Nevada so then why get Nevada too? Because I plan to move to the Las Vegas area in the next two years and LVMPD confirmed to me today that if I get Nevada now it's good for 5 years and when I do move all I will need to do is submit and address change instead of starting the process from scratch. What's really cool is they said that since I currently live way closer to Reno than Vegas where I intend to move, I can just apply in Washoe County and when I move to Vegas I can just process and address change notifying Washoe County that I moved to Las vegas Nevada and my Nevada permit will remain valid for the remainder of it's 5 year term, then at renewal I just process the renewal through LVMPD instead of Washoe County and it will still be considered a renewal, not a new initial application. SO much more straight forward than California's drama where I would still need to apply for NEW permit because it's a different county.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom