- Messages
- 263
The Ninth Circuit just issued its decision in Baird v Bonta (Open Carry)............
By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.
Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.
Nobody should strap on their AR and go to safeway to test it out. It looks like they upheld the requirement for an open carry permit so I guess the state is going to have to start issuing those? Probably still a lot to figure out.
No not yetAny update??? Am I able to open carry in OC now?
Nope. Only the Appellate Decision has been issued. No mandate has yet been issued on the decision.Any update??? Am I able to open carry in OC now?
To be clear, it is UNLOADED open carry.My question is why would you want to open carry? Unless concealed is not an option. How often are you watching your 6 (I am not military, but I guess that is the best term to use). Are you always aware of your surroundings is there any time you might let your guard down.
Appeal for En Banc filed 16 Jan.Have this gone stay and en banc yet?did the state finish its 21 days?
No - Please refer to FRAP Rule 41.Can the mandate be issued while the state has filed for appeal… ALSO both Baird and the AG have requested a rehearing