18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

Banned for CCW: 1911, Weapon Lights, Red Dots, Lasers, limit 2 Weapons per person

that might be the most expensive Ive seen yet.

$700 in fees plus another $900 in classroom and psych...wow. And, that renewal is more expensive than anything Ive seen. I think CoCo wins the prize as the most expensive, most restrictive, and most talked about.
 
Contra Costa is not issuing permits for residents of some cities. Brentwood being one of those. If you live here your gun has to currently be on the DOJ roster. Which means you may have to purchase a new weapon every two years if your current one's manufacturer chooses not to pay the annul extortion imposed by the Ca DOJ.
While that sucks, it does mean I'd be buying an extra gun or two every other year.

Who am I kidding? I'll still buy like five a year regardless....
 
From what I have heard, sheriff does not allow weapon mounted lights because they dont want people pointing their firearm around just to use the weapon mounted light as a flashlight. Probably same with weapon mounted laser, but I have no interest in the use of a laser

Supposedly it happened, possibly more than once, person called cops on someone for walking around with a gun drawn because they were using the weapon light as flashlight.
 
From what I have heard, sheriff does not allow weapon mounted lights because they dont want people pointing their firearm around just to use the weapon mounted light as a flashlight. Probably same with weapon mounted laser, but I have no interest in the use of a laser

Supposedly it happened, possibly more than once, person called cops on someone for walking around with a gun drawn because they were using the weapon light as flashlight.
I did a low-light pistol class recently - had a few LE’s there. Non-LE’s should NOT use weapon mounted lights on their pistol for EDC (nor home defense) in my opinion.

Until you’ve verified the threat “Don’t point the muzzle at anything you’re not willing to destroy.”

I do now carry a mini tactical flashlight.

Allowing optics should be a no-brainer.
 
Back
Top Bottom