18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Banned from Reddit for posting rail covers on sale

So anyone posting ANY parts all over the CAguns sub is now subject to perm ban if anyone reports them? Cool

Also, the Chinese are better at manufacturing than the US at this point and these rails are actually really nice at a $1.33 per.. They're a steal at $3.99 for the set
 
They've been having issues with accounts getting banned for breaking the rules when they didn't actually break the rules. My account was one of them, nothing indicated that I was reported, they just banned me. I appealed. My account was re-activated within 8 hours of being banned. One of the mods reached out to me stating they've been having this problem and had contacted reddit.
the Mod on r/CAGuns said he'd reach out and to appeal as well and my appeal was denied and it's been days.. not holding out hope that my 7 year account is going to come back.
 
I wish I was into guns before 2018. I had a extremely rarely shot shotgun for a long time before '18, but didn't really get into 2A until '18.

I always though had a principal to keep to myself. Sell a gun to buy a gun. Sold that mossberg500 to a LA Sheriff. Then bought a AR and Hi-Point with it. Then sold the AR and Hi-Point...

Now I'm at only about 2 handful of guns, but essentially only paid for less than a handful.

I think I'm the only gunowner in USA that was able to buy noncorrosive 7.62x39 for like 20cpr at height of covid when it was at 60-80cpr. Bought the sellers complete stack. 8k+ rounds sealed.
"Sell a gun to buy a gun" is practically a much better approach than the mindless gunsoomer "Always buy, never sell. N + 1 is the only right number" hoarder mindset a lot of people parrot.

The only guns and gun accessories I don't take out to use or shoot regularly that I keep are the rare few things I know for a fact that will only ever significantly increase in value from holding onto them long-term. I literally don't have room to keep dedicated dust collectors around just because "I think they're neat".

Like you I luckily bought a whole bunch of Barnaul spamcan 7.62x39 and a brand-new Belarusian milspec PSO-1 optic just barely (like less than a month) before that tap got turned off to the US.
 
....... Also, the Chinese are better at manufacturing than the US at this point ........
Some shops are skilled some are not. Same with the USA. To undercut US manufacturers, many shops in China cut corners, use inferior materials, etc. and are morally fine with it. We have been in manufacturing (in various industries) for over 22 years and have first hand experience with Chinese knock-off's of our products that are flat-out dangerous and put people's lives at risk. I try my best to buy American products when possible or when it makes sense, but that is just my personal opinion.
 
the Mod on r/CAGuns said he'd reach out and to appeal as well and my appeal was denied and it's been days.. not holding out hope that my 7 year account is going to come back.
I've got news for you. He ain't doing 💩. He has banned people off r/caguns just because his feelings got hurt.
I'm banned off r/caguns, but have been account banned several times, and I have always appealed it and won the appeal within the day I appealed it.

Won't Stop, Can't Stop my streak. Probably the only gunowner with a streak.
 

Attachments

  • 20251203_124229.jpg
    20251203_124229.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 4
I've got news for you. He ain't doing 💩. He has banned people off r/caguns just because his feelings got hurt.
I'm banned off r/caguns, but have been account banned several times, and I have always appealed it and won the appeal within the day I appealed it.

Won't Stop, Can't Stop my streak. Probably the only gunowner with a streak.
yeah man i hope you're wrong.. was told they reached out to Reddit admin and are waiting to hear as this was a post about rail covers and others are posting actual links to firearms and nothing happens.. i'm 99% sure someone reported it to Reddit and got me banned for listing Monstrum rail covers

my streak was 568/600 and i'm still getting notifications from Reddit saying to keep it going although THEY BANNED ME LOL
 
Back
Top Bottom