18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

Be honest

Dammit Jim, I'm doctor, not a gunsmith!
13sxiq.jpg
 
We'll see. Going to the range on Wednesday. 🙂
All good. I would probably try doing something like that just to mess around to have fun. I think that’s kind of cool you have a pic rail. You could even do a ar cantilever scope mount on there, add a 3-9x40 just to see how it groups at 50-100 yards when resting it on sandbags or a pistol rest; just to mess around.

It’s probably going to hit high. Based on how it disassembles, are you able to bore sight that without using a laser; by looking through the chamber and comparing the reticle and where the barrel is aimed at the target? I know ak’s generally will hit high with an optic; it’s generally expected if a laser bore sight is not available. I know I don’t own one anymore. I gave away my cheapo one on calguns pay it forward. I realized I like boresighting the old fashion way; that’s why I gave it away.
 
Last edited:
All good. I would probably try doing something like that just to mess around to have fun. I think that’s kind of cool you have a pic rail. You could even do a ar cantilever scope mount on there, add a 3-9x40 just to see how it groups at 50-100 yards when resting it on sandbags or a pistol rest; just to mess around.

It’s probably going to hit high. Based on how it disassembles, are you able to bore sight that without using a laser; by looking through the chamber and comparing the reticle and where the barrel is aimed at the target? I know ak’s generally will hit high with an optic; it’s generally expected if a laser bore sight is not available. I know I don’t own one anymore. I gave away my cheapo one on calguns pay it forward. I realized I like boresighting the old fashion way; that’s why I gave it away.
I bore sighted it at 15 yards at home today. I'll bring a pistol rest to the range on Wednesday to finish sighting it in.
Our rimfire league has a "fun shoot" Wednesday evening so I'm sure nobody will complain. But I've seen others with LPVOs on their pistols so I'm not sure what they'd complain about. Updates to follow! 😈
 
My great great great great grandpappy’s handgun I inherited. Maybe if Alexander Hamilton had this…..🤔
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot 2025-09-30 at 08.33.09.webp
    Screenshot 2025-09-30 at 08.33.09.webp
    31.3 KB · Views: 20
Does this gun make my optic look fat? 😀
Just picked up the Victory today. This is my first .22 competition pistol. The rifle optic is the only thing I have with a picatinny mount. Can't wait to shoot it!
This guys running something similar.
IMG_6475.webpIMG_6476.webp
 
Damn! I ended up taking mine down a notch or two.
 

Attachments

  • 1000004863.webp
    1000004863.webp
    86.9 KB · Views: 15
You've just given me so many terrible ideas...

Damn! I ended up taking mine down a notch or two.
In rimfire pistol open division, I’m not reading any weight restrictions of the firearm, so technically, mounting an Eotech XPs or exps series could help with balancing the firearm when firing, making that .22lr pistol even smoother and flatter shooting; without breaking the rules or cheating.

It’s not mounted on a reciprocating .22lr blow back slide either so you won’t have to worry about the slide choking.

Down side is you might feel the weight more when initially upping the pistol to first target, or target transitions on your side to side movement to next target may feel heavier. A sig Romeo 8t would be even heavier than the eotech. The holosun 510c is lighter than all three of these; ounces wise.
 
Last edited:
In rimfire pistol open division, I’m not reading any weight restrictions of the firearm, so technically, mounting an Eotech XPs or exps series could help with balancing the firearm when firing, making that .22lr pistol even smoother and flatter shooting; without breaking the rules or cheating.

It’s not mounted on a reciprocating .22lr blow back slide either so you won’t have to worry about the slide choking.

Down side is you might feel the weight more when initially upping the pistol to first target, or target transitions on your side to side movement to next target may feel heavier. A sig Romeo 8t would be even heavier than the eotech. The holosun 510c is lighter than all three of these; ounces wise.
Yeah, but the foregrip sure should help with the added weight. 🤣
 
Back
Top Bottom