18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Beretta Photo Thread

I believe I've posted this before, probably on a different thread. It's my 1934 model Beretta that my father picked up in Italy just before he invaded the south of France during WWII. It came with one magazine and I bought the others. My father likely carried it ashore while he was being shot at by Germans.

FYI, it'll shoot anything you feed it, including hollow points.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0941.jpg
    IMG_0941.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 33
Per the usual with combat veterans, he never talked about his experiences in combat. But I suspect it might have been used as he told me he was involved in house to house combat. I believe it was his backup weapon.
 
I have two other pistols of his. The second pistol he picked up in Europe is a WWI long barrel Spanish Izarra in 7.65 mm. That translates to 32ACP. It was made for the French military and has the button added to the slide to prevent the gun from accidentally turning off the safety. He made some clear Sweetheart grips for it and put a photo of his kid sister under one of the grips. He didn’t have a girlfriend or a wife back then. His final pistol is a 9mm Luger he picked up from a Missouri gun dealer for 35 dollars. It included a box of ammo for that price.

I have the war trophy, bring back paper for the Izarra and Beretta.

I’ll try to post a picture or two of the Izarra and Luger tonight but right now I’m sitting in the dark on my front porch, listening to music and enjoying the evening.
 
Here are a couple photos of the Izarra. One with the Sweetheart grips and one with the original grips.
 

Attachments

  • fullsizeoutput_d.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_d.jpeg
    77.5 KB · Views: 32
  • fullsizeoutput_18.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_18.jpeg
    100.8 KB · Views: 26
I also have a single shot, bolt action .22 that my father got when he was about 15. It' a MonkeyWards rifle which was actually made by Mossberg. I added the scope when I was a kid. I simply slung the rifle over my shoulder, hopped on my bicycle, and rode with it to the local gunsmith in Mountain View. I'm sure I couldn't get away with doing that today.
 
LTT Centurion and LTT 1301 Tac

Looking for LTT PX4 Storm Carry 2 or Full also LTT XI Squalo. Hit me up!
 

Attachments

  • C1B02706-EF28-4D5E-9473-B92D9A3B8035.JPG
    C1B02706-EF28-4D5E-9473-B92D9A3B8035.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 36
  • 1301.jpg
    1301.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 43
92FS Vertec Inox, G10 grips, SS guide rod and 14lb hammer spring.
92X Performance, slide has RDO cut "before it was offered" LOK Grips with Trident Medalions and Match Hammer.
92FS Vertec Inox, Brigadier slide RDO cut, full length barrel, SS guide rod, Xtreme-S 92X Trigger Group, 14lb hammer spring with Match Hammer, Wilsom Combat grips.
89 Gold Standard 22LR. Drilled for rail RDO, grips thinned to Vertec angle.
96FS Vertec Inox, slide has RDO cut, SS guide rod, Xtreme-S 92X Trigger Group, 14lb hammer spring with Match Hammer, Wilson Combat grips.

u6C7DT5h.jpg


Luckily......have a buddy with CNC machine.
He cut my slides for Beretta RDO plate.
Sorry, he does not do side work.

zoPnQxeh.jpg
 
I am very jealous. This man knows his hand size. Do you mount a flashlight on any of them? Curious why you went full rail with the whole collection.
 
^^^^^^^^
Use to own the standard frame but found the Vertec grip fit my hands better.
Closer to a 1911 grip/angle
Currently I think only two models the 92 Steel l and 92x Performance Defensive offers the Vertec grip with no rail.
Was trying to get a 92 Steel l but finding one in CA is impossible and the cost in the free states was + $3,500
The rail was more part of the package and not the reason for owning them.
Thanks for the interest.

Older publication up to M9A3 https://www.luckygunner.com/lounge/guide-beretta-92/
 
92FS Vertec Inox, G10 grips, SS guide rod and 14lb hammer spring.
92X Performance, slide has RDO cut "before it was offered" LOK Grips with Trident Medalions and Match Hammer.
92FS Vertec Inox, Brigadier slide RDO cut, full length barrel, SS guide rod, Xtreme-S 92X Trigger Group, 14lb hammer spring with Match Hammer, Wilsom Combat grips.
89 Gold Standard 22LR. Drilled for rail RDO, grips thinned to Vertec angle.
96FS Vertec Inox, slide has RDO cut, SS guide rod, Xtreme-S 92X Trigger Group, 14lb hammer spring with Match Hammer, Wilson Combat grips.

u6C7DT5h.jpg


Luckily......have a buddy with CNC machine.
He cut my slides for Beretta RDO plate.
Sorry, he does not do side work.

zoPnQxeh.jpg
👀 3 INOX VERTEC's... what's your secret?
 
Back
Top Bottom