18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Best 2011 CA Legal

At each price point what is the 'best' CA legal 2011? Best overall? That you can go to a store and buy new, or order. Not PPT lol
I personally love my staccato HD 3.6, it quickly became my main carry piece once I threw it on my permit, I am however holding out for the 4.5 to hit the roster
 
I've owned every V2 Atlas made including all the LE versions as well as the Dark Forge Reaper, Wraith, etc. I'm assuming your comments are in regards to Dark Forge as Venom, Rafferty, and Infinity are demonstrably better fit and Atlas themselves have stated Rafferty and Venom make better guns from largely Atlas parts (per Adam). Infinity is its own thing given Brandon has extreme OCD around controlling the process so they make everything in house including all the small parts. I forget if that even includes their springs. Something not even Atlas did until recently.

As for Dark Forge, the Kovert Reaper (ported and comped) absolutely outshoots any current V3 Atlas in terms of splits or return just given the physics of ported and comped versus no such current analogue until the Hades production version releases Q4 2026 or Q1 of 2027. Dark Forge is more hit or miss, but I've not been impressed with V3 Atlas fitment and I've probably handled 20 different guns at this point across various V3 models. Coatings, barrel lockup, trigger fit, disconnector issues, slide to frame fit was sloppy on some. I'd generally give Atlas the edge as they have a more refined production process, but they've been pushing heavily the past year further and further into their emphasis on tight tolerance CNC machining to reduce or minimize how much hand fitment and QC assembly requires. Per Adam those numbers are down a decent amount, even if there are still plenty of hours put in.

Dark Forge is Rogue. They've been around, they did/do plenty of white label work for the likes of TTI and other similar brands like Cardinal/Optimum were providing parts for Atlas. Sure you can argue their fitment isn't as good on average, but shoot the Ported and Comped reaper off a ransom rest against an Erebus or Apollo and see for yourself. I sure have. I've also run them back-to-back with plenty of GM buddies who agree that it's close, but the ported and comped reaper is easier to return, faster to return, and has less felt recoil. The Hades beats the reaper by a tiny bit, and all of this is splitting hairs, but it's there. Now, whether a shooter has the skill or experience to tell those minute differences is a whole other matter.
Your last sentence, I’d wager pretty much nobody on this thread has that skill.

I was impressed by Dark Forge. The overall quality seems better than Atlas. Their webpage is a bit…odd...for me though. The clandestine theme.
 
Your last sentence, I’d wager pretty much nobody on this thread has that skill.

I was impressed by Dark Forge. The overall quality seems better than Atlas. Their webpage is a bit…odd...for me though. The clandestine theme.
I sold my Dark Forge stuff even though it performed well in part because their branding is obnoxious and the aesthetic/slide cuts are a bit much for my taste. I'm boring and like relatively simpler all black guns with mostly function over form. If it's not the Atlas Alpha grip most of the time something like an MJD grip is preferable for long range sessions and in colder or hotter temperatures.

And absolutely, if Brantley and Tony are crushing it with basic glocks and probably not even maxing out that platform's performance, I doubt anyone "needs" a 2011. I would absolutely love to see Christian put equal time in a stock polymer gun and a maxed out 2011 though and see how and where he gains performance and time from on the same stages back-to-back.

I think the differences in physics being played out though and even just basic splits on a bill drill or predictive doubles at moderate distances like 20 yards and beyond is easy enough to tell that there's something going on in favor of the Dark Forge for even decent level shooters. There's just way more gas being redirected and used to fight muzzle rise, less dot movement (not that one should be tracking that really if properly target focused), etc.
 
I carry a Stacatto 3.6, own a 2k11 and a newly acquired Athena. I loved the Kimber until I got the Atlas, now I am not sure why I keep the Kimber other than to let new shooters try a 2011.

I will switch to LO to shoot the Athena now and have zero desire to shoot the Rival S I was competing with or the Kimber and they will likely just be backups for now.
 
I carry a Stacatto 3.6, own a 2k11 and a newly acquired Athena. I loved the Kimber until I got the Atlas, now I am not sure why I keep the Kimber other than to let new shooters try a 2011.

I will switch to LO to shoot the Athena now and have zero desire to shoot the Rival S I was competing with or the Kimber and they will likely just be backups for now.
It's actually always good to have a backup gun for matches. Much easier to swap to a different gun than hope you have the right spare parts or can diagnose on the fly. What if your entire optic dies or you have a catastrophic failure?

If it's not chunk ported, it's good to keep around until you need the space, funds, or want something else. Otherwise the Athena is a great first Atlas!
 
It's actually always good to have a backup gun for matches. Much easier to swap to a different gun than hope you have the right spare parts or can diagnose on the fly. What if your entire optic dies or you have a catastrophic failure?

If it's not chunk ported, it's good to keep around until you need the space, funds, or want something else. Otherwise the Athena is a great first Atlas!
Just like girlfriends
 
Back
Top Bottom