By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.
Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.
Hooker pistol?!?i love carrying my 43x mos, my 19 is huge compared to that. i also love carrying my hooker pistol a beretta 950bs in 25acp lol
*carry. I've been on the hunt for EDC guns too, and I have high hopes for the Staccato HD C3.6 that I have on order...as long as I shoot it reasonably well.I have a CZ P01, CZ PCR, and 365 x macro comp on my ccw. I only cary the 365 now. Way more comfortable to cary. I shot the 365 and hellcat pro side by side and definitely prefer how the 365 shoots.
Staccato C if you can get a Good price, Echelon 4” comp, 43x, and 365 x macro comp are my favorites.I’ve been driving myself crazy trying to find the best EDC.
I would prefer to have a hammer fired pistol but in the end I just want something that shoots flat.
I’m thinking the Echelon 4.0 Comp might come out on top but would it be comfortable to carry every day.
Here is a list I made.
- CZ 75 P-01
- SIG P239
- SIG P365 X-MACRO
- H&K P2000SK V3
- H&K VP9SK
- Walther PDP 4” Compact
- Springfield Echelon 4 (Comp)
- Springfield Hellcat (standard)
- Glock 19
- Glock 26
- Beretta PX4 Storm Compact
- Ruger MAX-9
- Smith & Wesson M&P 2.0 Compact (CA-compliant)
- Smith & Wesson M&P 2.0 Metal Compact (All-metal)
At 6'2 205lbs, i dont have a big gut, and i still have some printing with the g48.G48+Enclosed optic. Still doesn’t print. If you’re printing, then you need a wedge, or a smaller gut![]()
At 6'2 205lbs, i dont have a big gut, and i still have some printing with the g48.


*carry. I've been on the hunt for EDC guns too, and I have high hopes for the Staccato HD C3.6 that I have on order...as long as I shoot it reasonably well.
I tend not to like the smaller guns much, though I think the PCR and P-01 are great. My modified LCP Max isn't bad now but would benefit from a Hogue grip.
I have not been overly-impressed by the P365 and I thought the Hellcat was awful. The worst small gun I've shot is the Bersa Firestorm. It was shockingly bad but it could have just been dirty (rental).