I accepted that as long as I choose to live in CA, the 2A will always have to be a secondary right unfortunately. It's the unfair compromise that we have to make to be here. It shouldn't be that way, but it's our reality.
As long as the 2A remains a political tool, as long as the Democratic party remains against it, and so long as the Democrats maintain their hold on the supermajority in CA, nothing can be done. Even a Republican governor can't do much with the supermajority able to override everything.
Even if we get favorable rulings from SCOTUS, CA will just create new laws to keep restricting our rights.
I respect everyone's right to vote however they wish, for whatever reasons they want, but I'm under no disillusionment that we will ever get to exercise the 2A to the same level as other states, or that people will be willing to do what it takes to make our situation better. CA will remain a Democratic supermajority and the relentless gun control will not let up.