- Messages
- 227
- Classified ads
- 1
I was on eBay the other day, and I saw what I consider the holy grail of collectible accessories: a Buck 188 Phrobis III M9 Bayonet in black with the original box and papers. I'm a big fan of this knife/tool from the '90s, and I already have one in gray/green without the box. I had been looking for a black one to go with my Benelli M4 shotgun on a bayonet mount-- the black blade and handle would go well with the dark finish on the M4. The seller of this item said it was from an estate sale, and the listing represented the item to be used. The one-click price seemed realistic and there were 40 people watching the auction, so I "bought it now." The blade looked like it had some wear in the photos, so I wasn't expecting perfection. However, when I got it, I was shocked to see that the original oil was still on the blade, and the oil had merely caught the light in a way that made the blade appear to have some wear-- but it really doesn't have any wear. This is a pristine, complete, new in box black M9. I've been waiting decades to find one in this condition, which I had thought was impossible. I put it in my office on my collectible shelf for now. After seeing that this is NIB, I think I'll use the other M9 that I have on my shotgun. Any fellow fans of the M9 in the house? Buck never should have stopped making these.