18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Buying a 22 lr Pistol for High Volume Training

usually when I buy a gun that I intend to do whatever with, I see if it has a 22LR conversion to keep the same type of grip/hold and aim. The recoil along with the mags and ammo are the differentiated factors.

The last set I bought iirc was a cz with a cadet add-on and like you, I practice using more cost-effective 22LR ammo.

Then I would switch out the slide with the 9mm and it was helpful but the reloading and more importantly, the recoil was different.

So I stopped doing that and started using my dedicated 22LR (colt ace or my fn502 (for example) and it became more of a plonked for fun and not serious practice, becasue of the recoil
 
Back
Top Bottom