By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.
Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.
can I buy a C&R rifle at a gun show with my C&R ffl and current COE?
If it’s out of state you’ll need to report to the DOJ. I’m not sure if that applies to instate acquisitions.can I buy a C&R rifle at a gun show with my C&R ffl and current COE?
Yeah it applies in state too. You have to report all C&R you buy. No way CA would be ok with you not notifying them of acquiring a firearm even if its over 50 years old. But at least its only $19 flat fee in CRIS. You can report multiple guns at a time. Last year I bought 3 C&Rs out of state and reported them all at once for $19 total.If it’s out of state you’ll need to report to the DOJ. I’m not sure if that applies to instate acquisitions.
What's your favorite site to get C&R guns from? Have you ever bought from this forum? Did they have to ship it through an FFL01 to your door?Yeah it applies in state too. You have to report all C&R you buy. No way CA would be ok with you not notifying them of acquiring a firearm even if its over 50 years old. But at least its only $19 flat fee in CRIS. You can report multiple guns at a time. Last year I bought 3 C&Rs out of state and reported them all at once for $19 total.
I've never bought a C&R online, that defeats the whole purpose of having a C&R license because if you buy online it has to be shipped to an 01FFL for a transfer and that adds on a transfer fee, DROS fee, sales tax and gun tax = stupid.What's your favorite site to get C&R guns from? Have you ever bought from this forum? Did they have to ship it through an FFL01 to your door?
Only if in-state or shipping in from out of state. You can buy C&R handguns out of state in person and take them with you back into CA. Then you have to register them.Well. By the letter of the law (to my understanding) all pistols/handguns have to go through a FFL01.
unfortunately online isnt worth it. Theres really no advantage to having a C&R if buying online. The only benefit is not having to wait 10days for pickup but thats only if the 01FFL knows what they are doing and many 01FFLs are super ignorant about C&Rs. If its a handgun, they will have to agree that it qualifies as a C&R to be roster exempt. IMHO the coolest thing about having an 03FFL is to not have to deal with an 01FFL.Yeah I was referring to the online part. In person out of state hand/long gun the same as long as other party isn’t also from CA. It can make for interesting travels
Yes definitely.ammo. I like the ammo home delivery too! dont forget that!
I will sell my left nut to you for information about that $15 transfer fee.It really is depressing collecting C&R guns in this state. In practically any other state anything 50 years old can just ship straight to your door with an FFL03. Bought a 180$ Carcano from RTI a few months back. 180+30 shipping+37 dros+~15 bucks sales tax +~20 bucks excise tax+15$ dealer transfer fee. Brought a 210 purchase up to 297, and I'm incredibly lucky to have found an FFL who's willing to do transfers for so cheap. Closest gun store near me does them for $150. Cheapest in a 25 mile radius is $70. On top of the state of California nickel and diming us most FFLs want to suck our blood too.