18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

Legal CA DROS REQUIRING OCCUPATION BEFORE SUBMISSION STARTING 8/27/2026

Is it?
Consolidated the thread
 
Once upon a time, I worked for the gov't. Was told,

"This isn't the kind of job you just walk in and say you quit."

Handed initial debrief paperwork, on the line that asked, Reason for termination: I wrote,

Tired of working.

Now? Retired.
 
The guy at the FFL this morning had some very loud opinions about this new requirement, which I agreed with.

Ultimately, it's another data point on each of us that goes into the database. Got to keep the cattle brands updated.

All joking aside, I had to put something on the form today when I started DROS.

I went with 'manager' in lower case.

Technically correct, and provides the minimal amount of information without being snarky, sarcastic, or humorous.

Reaction GIF by MOODMAN
 
To be honest not really unless you're a single mom on welfare with no job. The income limit is comically low. Even making $18 an hour at walmart you make too much money to qualify for EBT. lol.
I got the joke! He said “Work” and then we laughed and laughed. Whoooo, thanks I needed that.

California is known for generational unemployment by choice just asking for the democrats, sorry government handout.

But of course healthy enough to street hussle dope and gang bang.
 
Half this dang forum is retired, it must be nice
It was but decided to go back to work starting Monday 8/31. But not the stressful management job that I had. Should be fun and easy work compared to what I previously did. Plus I started to get bored 😆
 
Thinking like a CA politician....
A recent change created an obtuse "roster exempt" query to ask if certain "government adjacent" employees that are allowed to BUY "off rosters", but prohibited from SELLING them to the public were selling to the public... (I don't recall the code section, but it caused lots of confusion).

SO, if the individual filling out the box "honestly" fills it out as being in one of those "special" exempt categories, maybe they can "gotcha" that emplyee and prosecute them viciously for their ignorance of the confusing code as an example?!

NONE of these laws make any sense or make anyone safer, but politically speaking... politicians like to trumpet their "strong gun safety law" accomplishments. We've all seen the astounding ignorance that most politicians (and judges) display when honking the anti-2A horn, it shouldn't be all that surprising when the results are what they are.
 
Thinking like a CA politician....
A recent change created an obtuse "roster exempt" query to ask if certain "government adjacent" employees that are allowed to BUY "off rosters", but prohibited from SELLING them to the public were selling to the public... (I don't recall the code section, but it caused lots of confusion).

SO, if the individual filling out the box "honestly" fills it out as being in one of those "special" exempt categories, maybe they can "gotcha" that emplyee and prosecute them viciously for their ignorance of the confusing code as an example?!

NONE of these laws make any sense or make anyone safer, but politically speaking... politicians like to trumpet their "strong gun safety law" accomplishments. We've all seen the astounding ignorance that most politicians (and judges) display when honking the anti-2A horn, it shouldn't be all that surprising when the results are what they are.
I guess we'll have to ask why they wanted it back in 1982
 
Back
Top Bottom