Yes but that also doubles the amount of training and cost. Lets face it with the "Sensitive Spaces" BS that's pretty much useless as well.just get ccw and that gets rid of needing the fsc
By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.
Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.
Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.
Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.
A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.
New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.
Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!
Yes but that also doubles the amount of training and cost. Lets face it with the "Sensitive Spaces" BS that's pretty much useless as well.just get ccw and that gets rid of needing the fsc
How about we stop restricting the right to keep and bear arms?You should not have to do it every 5 years; that's dumb. It should be like a DL: you do the written and practical once, then the written every 10 or whatever years. Maybe they reintroduce practical at age 80 or 85 (which they should with driver's licenses).
Doubles the cost at minimum. I'm working on getting my CCW now and if everything goes well it's going to be ~$1,900 total.Yes but that also doubles the amount of training and cost. Lets face it with the "Sensitive Spaces" BS that's pretty much useless as well.
Unfortunately for any first time gun owners at that time, they would need to get an FSC first to get the guns they would need to go through the CCW process. Personally I am going this route, so I won't need to worry about renewing my FSC when it expires. But not everyone will be able to do this.just get ccw and that gets rid of needing the fsc
Ok let me rephrase. The collection I've wanted since I was a kid playing airsoft. There are a few pricey ones in there and I only started a few years ago. 7 should be plentyROFLMAO
Spoken like a true newbie.
I thought that too when I was 21.
30 years later, I still have not found the end of my collection.
i need another safe....ROFLMAO
Spoken like a true newbie.
I thought that too when I was 21.
30 years later, I still have not found the end of my collection.
You say you support it but as it is written this is exactly how it would go, and yes it is dumb. It's not supposed to make sense, it's just supposed to sound good to get the support needed to pass, and then the facade falls when it turns into aYou should not have to do it every 5 years; that's dumb. It should be like a DL: you do the written and practical once, then the written every 10 or whatever years. Maybe they reintroduce practical at age 80 or 85 (which they should with driver's licenses).
I need another room to put safes.i need another safe....
I’ve got a better idea. End DROS. End registration and require the state to delete all of the data they’ve accumulated on firearms ownership. The state has no right to restrict our rights, and it’s far past time the Supreme Court struck down California’s laws.I mean, I have a bunch oftyped up, a bunch of ideas for a shall-issue licensing system that is based on the Swiss model for any liberal gun owners on here if they're interested. DROS is getting replaced, and something tiered and shall issue which would be person and not transaction centric would be my solution to save our licensing system, and save $350,000,000.
I want to see details but I'm not totally against that idea.
Say you're part of the problem without saying you're part of the problem.I want to see details but I'm not totally against that idea.
Driving is a privilege. Owning guns is a right. Say it with us...You should not have to do it every 5 years; that's dumb. It should be like a DL: you do the written and practical once, then the written every 10 or whatever years. Maybe they reintroduce practical at age 80 or 85 (which they should with driver's licenses).
Welcome to CAguns.net!
Hello There! I see you're browsing as a guest. Sign up to use our regional search features and communicate with other members.
Registering is quick and free. Once registered, you’ll unlock exclusive features available only to members. Join today!
If you choose to become a contributor, you'll get even more advanced features.📸 We're now on Instagram! Follow us @caguns_net and tag us in your videos and photos to get featured!