18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Calguns Account Suspended?

Too much jumping conclusions- give it time - let’s see what ends up happening

I’m hopeful it will be back up. Generates too much income to let it die.
I don’t think anyone is jumping to conclusions. Kes let that place go to hell in a hand basket, so it’s not surprising it’s having even more problems. At what point does one decide to pull the plug completely?
 
Has anyone tried to spin the wheel to see if they can get onto Calguns lately? It's a hit or miss but lately I've been getting on to check the classifieds. This morning when I tried it says in big letters ACCOUNT SUSPENDED. Me? What did I do? I've only browsed a few times when I can get on. Is it just me or have you had the same issue?
Same thing
Total network issue
 
@ikeo1 One of the big flaws with CGN is (was?) that there's a bus factor of 1. If Kes became incapacitated (or he just stopped caring about it or is otherwise unable to maintain it), the site dies. For CAguns, are there other folks who can run the show if God forbid something happens to you?
 
Just so you guys know, I had nothing to do with this! I was working on and released the new Gun Range directory…

Some people thinking I have control over Calguns sometimes… might be the deep state or the ATF, but it ain’t me

That's exactly what the Deep State and ATF would say.......:)
 
@ikeo1 One of the big flaws with CGN is (was?) that there's a bus factor of 1. If Kes became incapacitated (or he just stopped caring about it or is otherwise unable to maintain it), the site dies. For CAguns, are there other folks who can run the show if God forbid something happens to you?
Not at the moment, but I'm always looking for a good partner/investor. ;) I have a bit of experience building and transitioning sites once they've matured to a certain state, but this market is unique since there's not a lot of unity so to speak.

I'm still trying to but we still have a ways to grow before someone will take us seriously. The site is still young and not large enough. It doesn't help there's a general slowdown in 2A, but that's also why I'm expanding the offering and reach. I'm building a larger network so that it would interest a bigger company. There's a consistent experience and uniform framework to make it sustainable for several markets.

The CA market was too small specifically. This doesn't generate enough $ to hire staff etc for one location but multiple then it starts to make more sense, so i launched in Texas. A lot of the pieces you see me working on is trying to get it to a point where we can get backing by a bigger entity because it makes sense.

The umbrella coming out is ArmoryHQ which is going to be the national site, accessories only. Then we have economies of scale and might be able to afford health insurance and a few eggs. The honest truth is because this niche is so impacted by gov't. It's really only side money, not enough to live off of since we don't require payment or have any fee's. ~1% of the members here donate and even fewer are subscribers. We offer a lot for free.

For the guys saying get advertisers - a lot of brands don't work in California because of the rules. It sucks, also why I had to see if this platform works outside CA.

You see my other post asking how we compare to TacSwap because I'm not a big user in existing platforms but I have built platforms. Then it becomes more marketing to get to the level of ARF which we're 1/3rd the way. If Texas grows then its 2/3. If ArmoryHQ works we'll be the same size as ARFCOM based on my traffic analysis prediction. I know Brownell's backs them, so that seems to be the bar.

I've built the system in a way where a team could take my place when the time comes. We just need to get there.
 
Last edited:
I just got on…
Not over yet
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5786.webp
    IMG_5786.webp
    32.8 KB · Views: 3
I have been getting more annoyed when visiting cal guns lately. The website is barely functional, but they all want to act like everything is running great. Whenever I manage to get on everyone wants to be pro mass deportation but whenever I start telling them how this administration is making things incredibly difficult for the agencies doing the deportation work and how parts of the administration they like are negatively impacting the deportation mission I'm a 🍌 who doesn't know anything.... Retaining officers is more difficult, recruitment is down, funding hasn't improved and the workload has increased. It's not a great time right now.
 
Has anyone tried to spin the wheel to see if they can get onto Calguns lately? It's a hit or miss but lately I've been getting on to check the classifieds. This morning when I tried it says in big letters ACCOUNT SUSPENDED. Me? What did I do? I've only browsed a few times when I can get on. Is it just me or have you had the same issue?
The Account Suspended message means that the Calguns.net hosting provider has suspended the hosting of the website. Could be for simple non-payment or it could be for some infraction of the terms of service.
 
Back
Top Bottom