18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Calguns Account Suspended?

Seeing some of the comments on the Facebook group makes me think maybe we are better off without people who just complain instead of migrating over.
Yeah, it's better that way. I don't have visibility into the group. No reason to force people to go when they don't need to. This is just an option. We're growing as fast as we need to. The slower pace let me build up and polish a lot of areas of the site and now that we're on V2, the platform can be scaled up and out.
 
Last edited:
Yeah, it's better that way. I don't have visibility into the group. No reason to force people to go when they don't need to. This is just an option. We're growing as fast as we need to. The slower pace let me build up and polish a lot of areas of the site and now that we're on V2, the platform can be scaled up and out.
please keep up the great work (y)
 
I just want to add since I know some of those guys read this.. My effort is much better spent on pushing the site forward than to try and squeeze CGN we're already larger than them by ~50%. There's a lot of people who are looking for a platform that's easy to use, convenient, reliable, and fast. I don't need to spend time where it isn't wanted or warranted.

Some people tend to think there's a lot more that goes on there, that's only because there's no housekeeping. Here when items gets sold, expired, or closed here listings move off and no longer are searchable from the classifieds search unless explicitly by using advanced search or a direct search.

There, the same listings never expire or get removed. Ever. Unless someone manually does something.

There's subjective and objective measurements. This is more objective as a 3rd party measurement tool.

Screenshot 2025-04-01 at 9.05.43 AM.png

For all the problems of CGN, they have an extremely loyal base, I can respect that. That shouldn't stop us from continuing to make things better here and in the broader market. I think the input you guys provide and what we've built as a community can be a thing that appeals to the larger 2A community hence the new sites.
 
"I recently made an account here, and I have to say—I love this site and all its features! Super smooth, easy to use, and packed with great content.


That said, I still have a soft spot for Calguns too. It’s kind of like reading a newspaper—just scrolling through and seeing what pops up, whether it's new posts, old discussions, or random gems buried under pages of listings. It has that ‘Sunday classifieds’ feel, where you never know what you’ll find.


One thing I do miss is that ‘buried treasure’ moment—stumbling across an old ad, messaging the seller on a whim, and somehow, they still have it. That rush when you score an amazing deal that’s been sitting hidden for months… It’s just not the same when everything is instantly filtered and sorted. Sometimes, the best finds are the ones you weren’t even looking for!"
 
calguns is for buying/ selling IMO and nothing else, has been for a while like that. For whatever reason people haven't searched the new website as I see stuff there and not here
 
One thing I do miss is that ‘buried treasure’ moment—stumbling across an old ad, messaging the seller on a whim, and somehow, they still have it. That rush when you score an amazing deal that’s been sitting hidden for months… It’s just not the same when everything is instantly filtered and sorted. Sometimes, the best finds are the ones you weren’t even looking for!"
People will discover how to do this on this platform. I left enough ambiguity for that kind of cherry picking and people do find it as noted on Reddit. It's different though because you have to be a little more tech savvy but its there.

This place is inbetween that of a GunBroker and CGN. I think its a good spot for us right. The only difference is you have 90-180 days. vs years to find that piece.
 
People will discover how to do this on this platform. I left enough ambiguity for that kind of cherry picking and people do find it as noted on Reddit. It's different though because you have to be a little more tech savvy but its there.

This place is inbetween that of a GunBroker and CGN. I think its a good spot for us right. The only difference is you have 90-180 days. vs years to find that piece.
Are you the owner or systems operator of this site? Just wondering. If you are THANK YOU! great site. love it.
 
Calguns went to sh**. Honestly I don't know why anyone would continue with a mediocre forum.
Either do it right or get out the way and allow someone else that has the means, knowledge and the passion to move it in the right direction..
I apologize if I offend anyone.
 
It’s almost like CALGUNS was allowed or forced to die! I not trying to start a conspiracy here or anything. It doesn’t make sense that a thriving website would be allowed to fail unless they were forced to!
 
It's a site built on an old (ancient in internet terms) platform/software. simple as that. There was tech help offered and at least at some point accepted, but it's like doing a resto on a rusted out '60's muscle car... it's two steps forward, one step or some days 3 steps back. I'm fairly sure there is some sort of malware running under all the "rust", just to add to the hair pullin' frustration (Kes is likely completely BALD, fer sure!).

Whatever the situation CalGuns should NOT be written off, the archival value alone is inestimable to the 2A community in CA. A merging that keeps the active threads of the two sites would be ideal, with an "archived thread" history/museum to presserve the legacy.

With the state of lawfare in CA, the 2A DEPERATELY NEEDS strong support, CAGuns came along at a crucial time, and hopefully in one way or form, the old grizzled veteran CalGuns can rejoin the fight, soon would be good.
 
It’s almost like CALGUNS was allowed or forced to die! I not trying to start a conspiracy here or anything. It doesn’t make sense that a thriving website would be allowed to fail unless they were forced to!
Please start a conspiracy theory!!!!! Let’s run with it lol. I’m going with Columbian Cartel forced closure!
 
Back
Top Bottom