caguns.net

Tired of Calguns older Marketplace that can't upload pictures or do feedback ratings?

Try our Search function! Listing am item is easy and easy for people to find things.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate and use features that aren't available to guests!

Event Calguns.net Database Backup Date set for 4/16

How will the migration go?

• Cautiously Optimistic

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Might run into Problems

Votes: 17 42.5%
  • Wait n See!

Votes: 16 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is the longest 2 to 3 days I’ve experienced since boot camp , and the lack of communication is ridiculous

The longer it goes, the more people who will look for an alternative and find us. Ironically, the lack of communication also helps us. All we can say is it’ll get done when it’s done. Until then I keep cleaning up the house to welcome new guests.. :)

Still some hiccups, but progress.

---

Calguns.net Update​

Well I'm not happy. I have yet to receive an update since last Friday from vB Support.
I fully suspect that we're done or near completion but have not heard about the DNS settings I need for the new cloud host.

I also have a problem of my own making, I completely forgot about some essential email addresses using the calguns.net domain that have to exist however vB Cloud does not offer domain email hosting, just the forum software. So now I'm scrambling to figure out how to use the domain to both host the site and host email separately. Without having to pay for yet another server.

This is totally on me, I've never had a hosting account that did not include domain hosting but I should have verified first.

---

That last Tuesday before the migration, a CG user posted a poll for everyone to vote if (despite the CG admin saying migration should only take about 2 days) we thought the service will be completed in LESS THAN 5 days or MORE THAN 5 days. IIRC the poll was pretty close to 50/50, but man did that 2day estimate get blown out of the water.

Not sure if it will ever recover from this fiasco , this site seems much better and will only grow from this

That last Tuesday before the migration, a CG user posted a poll for everyone to vote if (despite the CG admin saying migration should only take about 2 days) we thought the service will be completed in LESS THAN 5 days or MORE THAN 5 days. IIRC the poll was pretty close to 50/50, but man did that 2day estimate get blown out of the water.

It’s a really long time, but one of those things where it helps us. They should be back online soon, or be thinking about plan B.

Not sure if it will ever recover from this fiasco , this site seems much better and will only grow from this

They’ll have their core community, but once they come back online, I think it’ll accelerate our growth even more. Now that the word is out and a bunch of people experience the workflows here, it’ll spread there when they’re up.

The marketplace here is more advanced. Once we get Reviews and Events going more. We’ll be connecting people in real life. Also, once we get more SME’s subject matter experts contributing. They’ll build an audience and we’ll have more legal opinion with discussion.

It’s good that it comes in phases. I need the time to adjust the backend to support the growth. I think it’s quite reasonable to target 20k members as a milestone, up to 50k for the next batch, where I think we’ll settle for a bit. This would be my projection for the next 6-12 months. Summer time is here so there’s going to be a lot of activity.

They’ll have their core community, but once they come back online, I think it’ll accelerate our growth even more. Now that the word is out and a bunch of people experience the workflows here, it’ll spread there when they’re up.

The marketplace here is more advanced. Once we get Reviews and Events going more. We’ll be connecting people in real life. Also, once we get more SME’s subject matter experts contributing. They’ll build an audience and we’ll have more legal opinion with discussion.

It’s good that it comes in phases. I need the time to adjust the backend to support the growth. I think it’s quite reasonable to target 20k members as a milestone, up to 50k for the next batch, where I think we’ll settle for a bit. This would be my projection for the next 6-12 months. Summer time is here so there’s going to be a lot of activity.
Are you or is there an existing way of contributing (like a membership or just supporting financial) or becoming a supporter to the platform like Calguns? I know the core members are super proud of being part of that building block and always mention that they are

Are you or is there an existing way of contributing (like a membership or just supporting financial) or becoming a supporter to the platform like Calguns? I know the core members are super proud of being part of that building block and always mention that they are

There’s a big Fat Donate button on the homepage. lol 😭

I’ll likely do a founding membership that will include all the features for every section as we release them for those that want to invest in the growth of the platform.

This will also reflect in the marketplace with a badge so you know they are a good buyer/seller cause they’ve made a payment to us, which validates their reputation

I'm not a fan of monthly donations; I suppose I could buy you 20 cups of coffee (I despise 'a coffee' - "coffee" is uncountable unless trying to distinguish, say, country of origin - spitting into the wind, yes, I know) but there's no tie to caguns in that path.

So, can you add 1-time donations of user-specified amounts?

And I'm curious about the economics of all this; might you ask "Sponsor 6 months of image storage for $XX" or something? Is there some resource on line approximately 'You want to host an online forum? Get out your checkbook ...' ?

There’s a big Fat Donate button on the homepage. lol 😭

I’ll likely do a founding membership that will include all the features for every section as we release them for those that want to invest in the growth of the platform.

This will also reflect in the marketplace with a badge so you know they are a good buyer/seller cause they’ve made a payment to us, which validates their reputation
I swear I tried to look before posting this LOL 😂 I’ll scan thru again 🫡

So, can you add 1-time donations of user-specified amounts?
Yes, I think we'll have a Sr. option with discount, just like we do at the clubs and yes, there's a reason there's no tie to CAguns. The memberships you get are not directly on the site. You're supporting the Youtube channel that develops the site with the benefit of upgraded membership here.

We offer no products here, nothing is for sale by CAguns LLC except maybe ad space. I have to keep a firm line with what we offer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back