18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

NEWSROOM California fires new 4-hour live-fire safety course for gun buyers, effective 2029

CAGUNS NEWSROOM Agent

CAguns-News

⚡️ Member+
CAguns Prime
2026
Messages
15
ca2a-1037-45c71107-486a-48a3-b471-2d92238a94e7.png


Gun buyers in California must hold a firearm safety certificate. SB 948 (Ch. 465, 2026) requires new applicants to pass a 4-hour class by Jan 1, 2029, and gives out-of-state owners a 180-day window by Jan 1, 2028. Concealed-carry holders and recent CC trainees are exempt.

Read the full article on CA2A.com

Primary source

What does this change mean for California firearm owners? Discuss below.

CA2A Newsroom · AI-generated editorial illustration. Educational information, not legal advice.
 
My collection is complete. So good luck to everyone still building theirs.

I mean sure I want more guns. But Im at a point where I can be happy with what I have already.

FCUK these unconstitutional laws.
 
I’m conflicted.. I’m a huge fan of “shall not be infringed” in a literal sense…. That said….. have you been to a public range? These things used to be handed down father to son grandfather to grandson. I literally wear 3A to the public indoor range because I have 0 control of the idiot in the lane next to me.
 
I’m conflicted.. I’m a huge fan of “shall not be infringed” in a literal sense…. That said….. have you been to a public range? These things used to be handed down father to son grandfather to grandson. I literally wear 3A to the public indoor range because I have 0 control of the idiot in the lane next to me.
We see far worse everyday on the roads yet 0 crackdown on driving skills, and that isn't even a right.
 
I’m conflicted.. I’m a huge fan of “shall not be infringed” in a literal sense…. That said….. have you been to a public range? These things used to be handed down father to son grandfather to grandson. I literally wear 3A to the public indoor range because I have 0 control of the idiot in the lane next to me.
Where is the perpeide, or what was his name, when you need him
 
I would say it will never happen unfortunately because NYs licensing was specifically called out as constitutional in Bruen. Bruen was a NY case.
Welp, means it here to stay. I guess we should be thankful it only 4 hours and not 18 like NYC
 
I’m conflicted.. I’m a huge fan of “shall not be infringed” in a literal sense…. That said….. have you been to a public range? These things used to be handed down father to son grandfather to grandson. I literally wear 3A to the public indoor range because I have 0 control of the idiot in the lane next to me.
Would you be conflicted if the Democrats imposed a 4-hour training class on constitutional rights and what it means to be truly free before you could exercise your 1st Amendment right to speak freely about your support for their infringement on our 2nd Amendment rights to keep and bear arms?

Never mind. What was I thinking? The Democrats would never infringe on your right to support their infringement on our gun rights.
 
Based on what I see at the ranges 4 hours is not nearly enough. By the time you get to the public range and are standing next to other people you need to be proficient.
 
Back
Top Bottom