18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

California Glock Prices

I think there is lots of great options but i dont know about inferior
Objectively the trigger and ergonomics are inferior to the M&P and the PDP and 2011’s etc. glock’s big thing was reliability and simplicity however it’s not 1999 anymore
 
As a dealer its hard to not slap the guys doing PPT's on $800+ basic Glocks.
That said I have people overpaying for everything Off Roster under the sun.
 
I fully support you OP, get an Echelon.

I’ve done 4 matches and 1 range session with my Echelon 4.5in (not ported), not a ton of experience but so far it’s amazing.

Trigger could be better, but still miles ahead of a glock trigger and not bad at all.

On top of that it’s also fully ambidextrous. Great to introduce new shooters and lefties or a SHTF/broke my right hand/got shot in my right arm situation…

I am also the seller of a G17 that’s overpriced! 😆
But I mean… it’s offer and demand, there’s no other way to get them and mine is like new, but certainly not advertised for $2k.
 
As a dealer its hard to not slap the guys doing PPT's on $800+ basic Glocks.
That said I have people overpaying for everything Off Roster under the sun.
At least you are honest. Unfortunately us common folk, “bite the bullet” literally.
 
At least you are honest. Unfortunately us common folk, “bite the bullet” literally.
You don’t HAVE TO bite the bullet, the choice is yours 100%.

One might open his eyes and consider the Echelon, PDP, P320, M&P etc for the better alternatives that they are.

But if people love simping for a logo and the manufactured brand community around it so much, they shouldn’t come crying about happily getting bent.

Also seriously, they’re tools.
 
You don’t HAVE TO bite the bullet, the choice is yours 100%.

One might open his eyes and consider the Echelon, PDP, P320, M&P etc for the better alternatives that they are.

But if people love simping for a logo and the manufactured brand community around it so much, they shouldn’t come crying about happily getting bent.

Also seriously, they’re tools.
I go based off taste. Isn’t that what people mean when they say pick your flavor?
 
You don’t HAVE TO bite the bullet, the choice is yours 100%.

One might open his eyes and consider the Echelon, PDP, P320, M&P etc for the better alternatives that they are.

But if people love simping for a logo and the manufactured brand community around it so much, they shouldn’t come crying about happily getting bent.

Also seriously, they’re tools.
My eyes are open. Wide.
I absolutely love the feel of that PDP grip. I just purchased a p365 and put a Wilson combat grip on it and it’s luxurious. I might grab one of those steel S&W models just for that nostalgic weight in hand.
My comment about, “common folk”
was in regards to non FFL holders. (And CA resident civilians)
Collecting involves scarcity and willingness to pay for those prices.
Even mini-14’s will come under scrutiny at this pace.
 
Making basic observations on a current situation involving a certain manufacturer doesn’t necessarily make you a, “simp.”
When laws determine the purchasing power of a law abiding citizen, one may raise concerns about market prices and valuations.
 
My eyes are open. Wide.
I absolutely love the feel of that PDP grip. I just purchased a p365 and put a Wilson combat grip on it and it’s luxurious. I might grab one of those steel S&W models just for that nostalgic weight in hand.
My comment about, “common folk”
was in regards to non FFL holders. (And CA resident civilians)
Collecting involves scarcity and willingness to pay for those prices.
Even mini-14’s will come under scrutiny at this pace.
Funny enough I did the exact same with my P365!

Yeah, the overall roster and other CA specifics are a pain, I’m on the same page there. As far as Glock though, people have so many other (better) options even in CA, it’s a non-issue.
 
Funny enough I did the exact same with my P365!

Yeah, the overall roster and other CA specifics are a pain, I’m on the same page there. As far as Glock though, people have so many other (better) options even in CA, it’s a non-issue.
I definitely, “simped” for a 43x MOS.
Of course right before whatever they are doing on the roster right now. AND paid a premium.
*🙌 BUT no mag diSCoNNect🫠
 
Making basic observations on a current situation involving a certain manufacturer doesn’t necessarily make you a, “simp.”
When laws determine the purchasing power of a law abiding citizen, one may raise concerns about market prices and valuations.
Glock is well aware and was well aware before this came… they’re definitely enjoying this and building up the pressure until their next CA compliant pistol.

With almost all other pistols offering superior features and designs, all Glock has is a brand name and community at this point (I’m talking civilian world, where we as users make the purchase decision 100% independently).

They also know that their upcoming CA compliant versions will be hot poop, and likely inferior to even an original Gen 3.
So all they’re doing rn is building up that pressure. Glock boys are drooling and day-dreaming of an upcoming Gen 6 CA compliant. By the time it comes out, they’ll rush to the stores and get them, no matter what it comes out to be. Even if the thing is terrible, mark my words: they’ll all just convince themselves and even go around telling people about how “it doesn’t even bother them, they just got used to all those safeties very quickly and it doesn’t cause any problem for them… It’s just as good”. Or that “there’s no downsides and this is the best pistol they’ve ever had!” 🤡

So yes it is simping, it’s brand manipulation, Glock knows full well and is playing their only few lousy cards to perfection (no pun intended but it works I guess).

It’s working so well on full grown adult men with low emotional control, it’s concerning.
 
Back
Top Bottom