18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

California Glock Prices

We only have 50 threads about it for days lol
Sloth Dmv GIF
 
Is it just me or are these Glock prices getting way too out of hand…? I understand the hike in price due to the roster exclusion but 1.5k+ for Gen 3’s is outlandish.

Definitely opting for an Echelon now !
Yeah they’re ridiculous .. I hope they approve more Glocks like 19x or other variations so we can get something better than the overpriced gen 3s
 
Glock is well aware and was well aware before this came… they’re definitely enjoying this and building up the pressure until their next CA compliant pistol.

With almost all other pistols offering superior features and designs, all Glock has is a brand name and community at this point (I’m talking civilian world, where we as users make the purchase decision 100% independently).

They also know that their upcoming CA compliant versions will be hot poop, and likely inferior to even an original Gen 3.
So all they’re doing rn is building up that pressure. Glock boys are drooling and day-dreaming of an upcoming Gen 6 CA compliant. By the time it comes out, they’ll rush to the stores and get them, no matter what it comes out to be. Even if the thing is terrible, mark my words: they’ll all just convince themselves and even go around telling people about how “it doesn’t even bother them, they just got used to all those safeties very quickly and it doesn’t cause any problem for them… It’s just as good”. Or that “there’s no downsides and this is the best pistol they’ve ever had!” 🤡

So yes it is simping, it’s brand manipulation, Glock knows full well and is playing their only few lousy cards to perfection (no pun intended but it works I guess).

It’s working so well on full grown adult men with low emotional control, it’s concerning.
Okay. Fair enough. I can get with this angle.
I just bought the 43x because I thought the 26 was just too blocky for my hand. Also because it, “was” “off roster” and unobtainable in stores I paid a premium, but I absolutely love the way the slim frame grip feels in my hand and it’s not neutered.
It’s a toss up between the Wilson 365XL.
Wanted both, purchased both, happy with both.
Just waiting a bit longer to simp for Sig, but my buddy just got a M400.
Probably simping sooner than later 🤣
 
I have a G19 Gen3 bought last year as FOMO, but never got around to using it. Brand new/not fired condition. I was thinking of putting it up in classifieds for $650. Decent enough?
 
I have a G19 Gen3 bought last year as FOMO, but never got around to using it. Brand new/not fired condition. I was thinking of putting it up in classifieds for $650. Decent enough?
Put it up for trade instead, write down something that you have been interested in trying/owning. In the past several months I have been listing some glocks I have for trade and I get exactly what I want every single time + cash on top to cover DROS and beer/ammo money. If your in it for the hobby then selling it at the price or to make $100 on top isn't really worth it. Glocks are like gold its almost a universal gun commodity. Take advantage because I have a feeling Glock will be back on the CA market soon after the intro of the 43x. The market for the high priced off roster Glocks will shift because the demand will lessen. Off roster Glocks will always be desirable and demand a premium, but it won't be the same market it is now.
 
The prices are stupid. I see a few here and there priced reasonably, but anyone who thinks a G19 Gen 3 is going to sell for $1000 is deluded. I also don’t get the asking prices for OD frame and C models. Rare does not equal expensive.
 
Put it up for trade instead, write down something that you have been interested in trying/owning. In the past several months I have been listing some glocks I have for trade and I get exactly what I want every single time + cash on top to cover DROS and beer/ammo money. If your in it for the hobby then selling it at the price or to make $100 on top isn't really worth it. Glocks are like gold its almost a universal gun commodity. Take advantage because I have a feeling Glock will be back on the CA market soon after the intro of the 43x. The market for the high priced off roster Glocks will shift because the demand will lessen. Off roster Glocks will always be desirable and demand a premium, but it won't be the same market it is now.
I traded my $500 Gen 4 G19 for a $1200 off roster Sig Scorpion Carry 1911
 
The prices are stupid. I see a few here and there priced reasonably, but anyone who thinks a G19 Gen 3 is going to sell for $1000 is deluded. I also don’t get the asking prices for OD frame and C models. Rare does not equal expensive.

Rare in most cases does equal more money if it's truly rare..... but I don't even think Glocks with OD frames or compensated Glocks are anything rare
 
Back
Top Bottom