18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Canik Billboard

Saw one this morning as well. Not sure which road i was on, one of the ones that parallels the 101 in the san fernando valley. Northridge area or Reseda or something probably.
 
Lol and Kek @ the reddit handwringing. Yes, surely the billboard they find distasteful is the biggest problem with Oakland. I mean, it's not helping, but then neither is feigning outrage on the internet.
 
Lol and Kek @ the reddit handwringing. Yes, surely the billboard they find distasteful is the biggest problem with Oakland. I mean, it's not helping, but then neither is feigning outrage on the internet.
We all know Oaklands biggest problem is the businesses not cleaning up damage, caused by others, fast enough.....then it's gun billboards.
 
Makes me wonder; is Century Arms (importer of Caniks) paying for the billboards or is Canik?
Because the newest Canik, the Prime, is the first gun made by Canik UJSA. No longer an import. Just came out this month, Basically, a baby Rival/TTI that you can carry.
 
Also, as a follow-up, I wish they'd start rostering the full sized guns. I know the carry pieces have been popular in recent years, but with carry becoming more difficult in CA, I'd like to have a Glock alternative in a full sized gun.
Their full size pistols are amazing. What you get for the price point is crazy. And the triggers are nuts. Sold most of my Glocks. I have the Rival, Mete SFT, and TTI. Waiting for their Mete Prime to add to my CCW. First gun made by Canik USA. Hopefully that ones pops in the roster faster than the regular Mete MC9.
 
The billboards are everywhere. I saw 3 in the Sacramento area this past weekend. It's hilarious. They have to know they are trolling the eff out of 90% of the people that see them.

Like others have posted. I only care about the long-slide target models. Really wish they would add the SFX soon. Don't give a crud about the carry sizes.
 
Held the small one for a brief moment this weekend. My first reaction was that the bore axis seemed too high for that small of a gun. I'll bet its flippy.
 
Yes of all the caniks I want to try badly enough to buy when I see it reasonably priced, this baby one is not at all what I’m interested in. A regular or steel rival would be sick.
 
Two in San Diego that I have seen. One on Balboa Ave , the other on Pacific Highway next to the airport.
 
They also had one down in South Bay LA on the 110 going north just before the 405. It was up for all of a few months right after the MC9 hit the roster and then it was gone. From what I heard, there were complaints about it and the city of Carson had it taken down.
 
Back
Top Bottom