18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • šŸ“¢ Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

CCW IN ORANGE COUNTY

rx_6jr

Member
Messages
40
Classified ads
3
I am looking to obtain my ccw in the next month or so. Where is it recommended to go for the 16 hour training? Any tips anyone has? Let me know šŸ™ƒ
 
Find any reasonably priced training provider. I used the CCW School since they let me do the classroom portion of the training mostly online, then we met to do the last couple hours of training in person right before the live fire. Training cert was good for 6 months in OC, but still check with OCSD to confirm that’s still the case, and also ask what their total processing times are. You’re close enough to the end of the year that it would actually be to your benefit to have your permit issued after 1/1/27 so it will be good for 3 years instead of 2 years if issued in 2026.
 
Find any reasonably priced training provider. I used the CCW School since they let me do the classroom portion of the training mostly online, then we met to do the last couple hours of training in person right before the live fire. Training cert was good for 6 months in OC, but still check with OCSD to confirm that’s still the case, and also ask what their total processing times are. You’re close enough to the end of the year that it would actually be to your benefit to have your permit issued after 1/1/27 so it will be good for 3 years instead of 2 years if issued in 2026.
what ccw school was it? Fullerton correct?
 
Depends what you want out of it. I see tap rack bang recommended pretty often. I just got my interview date today and plan on Ten-8 Tactical because it is the cheapest, it’s online, and convenient live fire qual where you just meet with a RO.
 
Depends what you want out of it. I see tap rack bang recommended pretty often. I just got my interview date today and plan on Ten-8 Tactical because it is the cheapest, it’s online, and convenient live fire qual where you just meet with a RO.
Their prices are nice!
 
Depends what you want out of it. I see tap rack bang recommended pretty often. I just got my interview date today and plan on Ten-8 Tactical because it is the cheapest, it’s online, and convenient live fire qual where you just meet with a RO.
From the looks of it, do they allow you to complete the 16 hour course at your own paste?
 
Depends what you want out of it. I see tap rack bang recommended pretty often. I just got my interview date today and plan on Ten-8 Tactical because it is the cheapest, it’s online, and convenient live fire qual where you just meet with a RO.
I'd pass on TRB. They ask for way too much info about each gun you're qualifying with. Info they don't really need/isn't a requirement being passed down by OCSD.
 
I'd pass on TRB. They ask for way too much info about each gun you're qualifying with. Info they don't really need/isn't a requirement being passed down by OCSD.
Interesting. Do they charge per qual? I’ve seen some places charge like $35 per gun and then spend 3 hours selling you on insurance. Can’t keep up with the reviews. Ten-8 seems solid and what I’ll be using next month.
 
Interesting. Do they charge per qual? I’ve seen some places charge like $35 per gun and then spend 3 hours selling you on insurance. Can’t keep up with the reviews. Ten-8 seems solid and what I’ll be using next month.
charging extra per gun is super shady
 
I think the 1st is included. They do have someone selling insurance. Just don’t get it. They also sell help to get your AZ and FL CCW. I wouldn’t do those through them either
 
Just for reference and IME- OCSD is moving quick, but Livescans are taking a bit. I think the September 2026 change where all renewals require a livescan is hitting the system hard. reminder if you complete/ get approved Jan 1 or later, the CCW is good for 3 years.

8/22- Submitted my CCW pro application
9/19- Livescan complete
9/19- CA cleared
9/19- DOJ cleared
9/29- Firearms still pending
9/29- contact by OCSD for interview
10/15- scheduled interview
 
Back
Top Bottom