caguns.net

Tired of Calguns older Marketplace that can't upload pictures or do feedback ratings?

Try our Search function! Listing am item is easy and easy for people to find things.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate and use features that aren't available to guests!

CCW CCW Insurance

Just adding another vote of support to AOR. Researched it heavily and decided on them. Glad to see everyone else seemed to come to the conclusion they’re the best option.

Just adding another vote of support to AOR. Researched it heavily and decided on them. Glad to see everyone else seemed to come to the conclusion they’re the best option.
Just filled out my Emergency Info form. I love the line in the welcome letter where Marc says, if you ever have an issue with anyone at our firm, contact me personally, I want to hear about it. I feel good about choosing to go with a retainer vs relying on an insurance company to "approve" my claim.

I went with CCW Safe, but I will look into AOR at some point before I need to renew and see if I want to switch. I definitely didn't like some of the USCCA policies though and found CCW Safe a better option between those two choices.

I went with CCW Safe, but I will look into AOR at some point before I need to renew and see if I want to switch. I definitely didn't like some of the USCCA policies though and found CCW Safe a better option between those two choices.
I had renewed in late February, I called the CCW Safe customer service line and spoke with a very nice woman, told her that I wanted to cancel my policies. She asked why and I said I decided to go with a different company.

Later that day I received notice of my prorated refund. Basically they refunded me the unused portion. She also said that I could re-join at anytime in the future.

Why not just rely on a normal umbrella liability policy, for justified liability payouts?
Unless your umbrella policy explicitly covers self-defense, it does not. Homeowner's insurance and umbrella policies typically cover accidents. Self-defense by definition is an intentional act and therefore isn't covered unless it is called out in writing.

My (OC) CCW card arrived in the mail today. What are you guys using for CCW insurance and how much are you paying per month or year?

Thanks
I had USCCA for a few years but switched to Attorneys on Retainer for about the same price, around $350/yr. I dropped USCCA after learning their insurance adjusters can decide to drop your coverage under certain circumstances.

I had USCCA for a few years but switched to Attorneys on Retainer for about the same price, around $350/yr. I dropped USCCA after learning their insurance adjusters can decide to drop your coverage under certain circumstances.
EXACTLY why a lot of people are leaving USCCA and CCW Safe.

EXACTLY why a lot of people are leaving USCCA and CCW Safe.
Same - i dropped USCCA for that reason. I've had them for 3 years or so.

they called me this morning about it and wanted to see if they could 'earn' my business back. When i asked them about the 'sensitive areas' stuff and the fact they make the determination about if its a good shoot or not and will drop you if they think it's not 'good' he got pretty quiet and just said 'i understand'

he did mention that they were working on some updates and would call me when those were finalized

Same - i dropped USCCA for that reason. I've had them for 3 years or so.

they called me this morning about it and wanted to see if they could 'earn' my business back. When i asked them about the 'sensitive areas' stuff and the fact they make the determination about if its a good shoot or not and will drop you if they think it's not 'good' he got pretty quiet and just said 'i understand'

he did mention that they were working on some updates and would call me when those were finalized
This is a good wake up call for all of these CCW Insurance providers. Hopefully this will make for a change in the way they provide us service. Please keep us informed if you get any news.

This is a good wake up call for all of these CCW Insurance providers. Hopefully this will make for a change in the way they provide us service. Please keep us informed if you get any news.
Yeah i agree. I have to say i'm pretty disappointed in USCCA that i had to find out this on my own.

The thing that bugs me is the 'sensitive area' thing. They KNOW they wont cover you if you're in an area that you're 'not supposed to be'. But they haven't said it and are just sitting there taking your money every month/year. The whole point of paying for it is so that when you need it, it's there.

That mixed with what happened to Kayla Giles really turned me off to USCCA.

If they are insurance, laws apply to their coverage. They can't change that. AOR and (sort of) ALCDN are different.

If they are insurance, laws apply to their coverage. They can't change that. AOR and (sort of) ALCDN are different.
You are right!!! AOR is different. They are a law firm that defends you. CCW Safe and USCCA are, first and foremost, insurance-backed companies. Their bean counters determine whether they will defend you (Provide coverage) depending on the situation. AOR will even back you in a BAD SHOOT! Now, with SB 2, you may be in the wrong place when you have to defend yourself and USCCA or CCW Safe might not cover you, you are on your own.

This is what helped me to decide.

Yeah i agree. I have to say i'm pretty disappointed in USCCA that i had to find out this on my own.

The thing that bugs me is the 'sensitive area' thing. They KNOW they wont cover you if you're in an area that you're 'not supposed to be'. But they haven't said it and are just sitting there taking your money every month/year. The whole point of paying for it is so that when you need it, it's there.

That mixed with what happened to Kayla Giles really turned me off to USCCA.
The fact that AOR will defend you in a bad shoot or if you are in the wrong place when SHTF. I feel that AOR is the MOST inclusive when it comes to covering their clients. I feel good about my choice, and I will stand by it until proven wrong. USCCA and CCW Safe were shown to be a different type of companies when it comes to coverage. I only wish that AOR had the option to buy/pay for additional Bond coverage.

The fact that AOR will defend you in a bad shoot or if you are in the wrong place when SHTF. I feel that AOR is the MOST inclusive when it comes to covering their clients. I feel good about my choice, and I will stand by it until proven wrong. USCCA and CCW Safe were shown to be a different type of companies when it comes to coverage. I only wish that AOR had the option to buy/pay for additional Bond coverage.
I agree that's why i switched. So far i'm happy.

Its one of those things i pray i never have to find out how it works or how well it works but its comforting knowing they will be there for me if and when i need it vs the possibility of the other guys

Users who are viewing this thread

Back