18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

CCW Suggestions

Working on getting my CCW.
Let me know what your favorite carry toy is.
I’m heavily leaning toward a 43X but open to other suggestions/feedback.
Cheeers! 🍻
whatever you get, no need to gucci it out - if its truly ccw , if/when something goes down, it will be in the 1 to 7 yard range...anything beyond that ...the lovely ca law people will say its your fault cuz you should have ran away
and at the range there is no need for lights and lasers and optics...my G19 is bare, stock...when i pew pew someone - its because it truly will be necessary, someone far away from me, i run away , they chase me and get to me, more support to show why i white chalk them
get a reliable one glock is good, echelon is also a super close candidate
DO NOT gucci your gun...bells and fancy stuff is for looks...dont do it , gucci wont help you when you need it
get that ccw and be part of the real 2A.....comes out when needed.
 
I'm still on my holster journey. Currently finished with "buy cheapish ones that are reviewed well", and about to follow the next step, which is buy often recommended expensive options til I go back to a cheap ones, then convince myself to use an expensive one because I shelled out the $$$. So far for me they're all about the same in terms of comfort (only carry IWB/AIWB, a couple Sticky-types for pocket/lazy carry).

I think I’ve tried them all for my P365x and G43x. Cheap to expensive and everything in between. After trying all the main brands for IWB, I’ve settled on Black Arch for both guns. Super comfortable and easy to conceal.

Black Arch Holsters

I tried to AWIB but my short height and belly was a no go. Now strictly IWB 3:30-4 summer and OWB in winter.
 
Its a consistent evolution for me -- move to what I actually carry.

CCW 1st time -- small, medium, large.
SW Shield (9mm), IWB <-- 95% of the time.
Glock 19.3 (9mm), IWB
SW 329 (44 mag -- hiking), OWB <-- 5% of the time.

CCW Renewal -- recent -- small. medium, large
SIG 365 (9mm), IWB and Pocket (desantis) <-- 100% of the time so far.
Glock 19.3 (9mm), IWB
Glock 20SF.3 (10 mm -- hiking), IWB

Next renewal thinking so far, tiny, small, large
SIG 238 (380ACP), pocket (desantis)
SIG 365 (9mm), IWB and pocket (desantis)
Glock 20SF.3 (10mm -- hiking), IWB

And practice, practice, and practice, gain muscle memory to undo safety for pocket carry.
 
Working on getting my CCW.
Let me know what your favorite carry toy is.
I’m heavily leaning toward a 43X but open to other suggestions/feedback.
Cheeers! 🍻
48mos carries very well. 43x is great too.
 
Working on getting my CCW.
Let me know what your favorite carry toy is.
I’m heavily leaning toward a 43X but open to other suggestions/feedback.
Cheeers! 🍻
Sig P365, then you can use the modularity to throw that FCU into one of a million different Grip module/Slide configurations that best suits you any given day
 
I carry all 3 at the same time 😎

FN Reflex
Sig P365 X-macro
S&W Bodyguard 2.0
 

Attachments

  • 1000022484.webp
    1000022484.webp
    45.8 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Shield x when it hits roster or shield plus /thread.

I’ve been carrying my gen 1 shield for 8 years. I love my glock 19, but the shield goes out every day. It’s been very reliable. I have put thousands of rounds through it
 
Back
Top Bottom