18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

CCW Suggestions

g43x, g19, 2nd g19 and g45.

19 #1 is the primary. Sometimes depending on the clothing I move down to the 43x if its necessary, but its rare. G45...never carried it. Keep renewing it though. Maybe someday I'll have a reason.
 
When I first started I thought micro carries were the best CCW. Wrong.

For me, I’d rather grab my Glock 19 or M&P full size. I don’t carry my shield plus or Xmacro anymore.
 
Smith and Wesson shield 9mm
Hk p2000 40 cal
Ria 1911 45acp( rarely carry)
 
p365 with the ?macro? grip but the standard 3.1" slide--when I get a chance to shoot again and submit a swap I am swapping this with a HK cc9
EDC x9 4.0" gen 1. basically one size up from the p365--I shoot this much better but it's considerably heavier so needs "real clothes" ie an outfit a belt looks reasonable with to wear
HK45c--sling/backpack gun

the micro 9 (p365/cc9) is gonna be the workhorse. smallest/lightest easiest to carry. hardest to shoot well. but very "handy". stick in a pocket. belly band wherever and its' not very heavy and its not big--IWB around 5 o'clock for me usually if IWB but as stated, stick in a pocket. belly band whatever.

the EDC x9 shoots much much better, but it's somewhat larger and much heavier. I only carry with "real clothes". smaller than say a Stacc C2 but bigger than a run of the mill micro 9--IWB 5 'o'clock

HK45c cause....BOOM when I am using a sling/backpack to carry.

Just me, I like manual safeties on my carry guns. makes me happy. the CC9 will be interesting cause it wont have one. I like the cc9, but I will admit I dont know that it's particularly different/better than the p365 or the rest of the micro 9 crowd. but you know. HK. they hate us and I wanna be hated
I prefer hammer fire pistols with a decocker, my hkp2000 is awesome
 
a bit chonk for every day for me. but yeah, I mean....generally speaking I prefer hammer over striker
It’s not so bad for me, I have a great holster, and wear it when I have a few layers of clothing on. Another than that that it’s the shield for most of time
 
Hellcat Pro, LCP MAX, Bersa Firstorm, G29sf, or G19c :)

I'm still on my holster journey. Currently finished with "buy cheapish ones that are reviewed well", and about to follow the next step, which is buy often recommended expensive options til I go back to a cheap ones, then convince myself to use an expensive one because I shelled out the $$$. So far for me they're all about the same in terms of comfort (only carry IWB/AIWB, a couple Sticky-types for pocket/lazy carry).
 
I went with 3 sizes: small, medium, large so I’d have choices for different needs. P365, G19 (to become G32 or P229 in .357 Sig), G21. The P365 is in a DeSantis pocket holster with nothing else in pocket. Every morning, I put it in my pocket. The G21 (.45 ACP) is a road trip/nightstand/hunting sidearm. I’ve also tried to optimize each pistol size so that if limited to 10 rounds if Duncan v. Bonita is picked up by SCOTUS, I’ve got best firepower I can have for the size of the firearm. In reality, it’s the P365 that gets carried due to its handy size.
 
Current:
  • XD9 4"
  • XDM Elite 3.8"
  • M&P 2.0 10mm
When I renew later this year:
  • XD9 4"
  • XDM Elite 3.8"
  • Echelon 4.0C
I love how u got the full Springfield lineup… on my CCW I have a XD45, XD 9 sub compact, Hellcat pro, Echelon 4.5F, and a Ruger LCP max.
 
Well i just shot my g48 mos for first time. Not really loving the groups i was getting. I shoot a hell of a lot better with my sigs.
 
Back
Top Bottom