18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Cheap Glock Slides?

jshow

⚠️ New Member | No Deposits ☢️
Messages
3
I inherited a Glock 22 and want to convert it to 9mm and also add an optic cut. Since the two of those together are already $200+ I'm considering just getting a cheap complete slide like the ported ones from AimSurplus or on eBay (like this https://ebay.us/m/F32Kdh/)

It's just going to be a range toy so it doesn't need to be life dependent reliability but I don't want it to be complete trash either. Am I wasting my time considering these?
 
The complete AIM slides are a great deal. I've built up a few and they run fine. Direct mount RMR footprint is a winner. No issues with the ported G17 or G34 models.
 
I have a Remsport with an RMR cut and it's flawless on my G20C. I wanted to run an optic but didn't want to mill the factory slide.
 
Generally, if you buy an aftermarket slide, you also buy problems. Spend your money on factory slides.

Agreed.

Stick to factory slides or if you really want to go with aftermarket; go with a bigger brand with after sales support. I've heard good things about Brownells slide, but the opposite about ZP or Lone Wolf slides.

Back when P80s were cool; I've tinkered with a bunch of aftermarket slides. None ran flawlessly past 200 rounds; there was always an issue whether it be slide not locking back, or the "racing/port cuts" made the slide too light fully sit in full forward position. I ended up selling all of them below cost and going back to factory slides.
 
I now prefer OEM as well, but I have good experience with ZEV duty slides if you want something aftermarket. ZEV only does RMR or ACRO cuts though so you are limited to those footprints.
 
Agree with above posts. When people have trouble with Glocks, the first question is "what ammo are you using?" and the second question is "what parts did you change". Name brand factory ammunition, and Glock parts (as in all stock) give reliable operation. If anything is changed, do 1 part at a time and know the effect.
 
I think I read if register your Glock for the warranty you get a discount at Glock Shop. You can buy one of the new factory gen 3 slides that are MOS cut and have forward serations. Internal parts already installed. You just need a 9mm barrel and recoil spring.

 
I recently picked up a Gen 2 Glock in good condition and wanted to add an optic without milling the slide. After some research, I found a clearance-model Alpha Shooting Sports slide. It’s not exactly my style, (I'm old) but I went with it because it was made in the USA, had excellent reviews, and cost only $116.79 delivered. I’m genuinely impressed with its quality—solid weight, zero fitment issues, precise RMR cut with lugs, and no excessive Cerakote. That said, I’ll always use 100% Glock OEM upper parts for reliability.

Many "cheap" aftermarket slides are low quality, and even some popular ones have issues like poor fitment, cycling problems, failures to feed (FTF), or failures to eject (FTE). These problems are often tied to non-OEM upper parts, aftermarket barrels, or heavy Cerakote finishes. Manufacturers sometimes claim a “break-in period” is needed, but my stock Glocks have never required one.

Seems like lightweight slides with multiple cutouts sometimes need tinkering to function properly. Spring weights, etc.

As for the ultra-cheap “gangster” Glock slides starting at 99 cents on auction sites—those are consistently unreliable. With the rise of CNC machines and 3D printing, people are now producing and selling parts, flooding platforms like eBay with copies and counterfeit items. I plan to use my Alpha Shooting Sports slide for range use. My (EDC) will remain 100% OEM, except for the trigger shoe and connector, which I’ve upgraded.
 

Attachments

  • slide.jpg
    slide.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom