18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

CMMG Dissent Semi auto 5.56

Or you should have asked in the 5.56 thread you started and has traction.
Yeah sorry for spamming appreciate the help though. The local shops limited as far as their inventory and sportsman's warehouse and bass pro's a little bit of a drive some I'm using google fu
 
Cmmg support for their dissent platforms are non-existant compared to Sig support for their mcx platform. Mcx platform does better in field than the cmmg.

Honestly there is only 1 platform that is interesting from cmmg, which is the MK47 Mutant (also in PUBG game), the name even sounds cool. Imo.
 
Cmmg support for their dissent platforms are non-existant compared to Sig support for their mcx platform. Mcx platform does better in field than the cmmg.

Honestly there is only 1 platform that is interesting from cmmg, which is the MK47 Mutant (also in PUBG game), the name even sounds cool. Imo.
I like the sig a lot I mean only difference between it and an AR is a pistol grip right lol?
 
I had CMMG BR4 Dissent in 9mm and it was rad. Very heavy though, upper to lower fit was very loose, trigger pins kept coming undone because they didn't loctite them. All of my friends who tried it, loved it. I ended up selling it though to make space for other things. I should have bought it in 5.56. I liked it a lot, but it's definitely not worth $2000 after taxes.
 
One of the few modern guns that interests me. Though Id prefer 762x39. I like the forward charging handle. I'm not willing to shell out 2k+ and give even more extortion taxes to the state that hates me. I'll stick with the tried and true SKS. I prefer irons anyway.
 
Last edited:
I ended up getting the sig for $1,400.. they listed for $2k at sportsman's and were low on supply so I just pulled the trigger. I can always get an AR from the classifieds if I don't like it LOL.
 
One of the few modern guns that interests me. Though Id prefer 762x39. I like the forward charging handle. I'm not willing to shell out 2k+ and give even more extortion taxes to the state that hates me. I'll stick with the tried and true SKS. I prefer irons anymore.
If I like it I'll probably grab one in .308 too
 
I shot a 308 caliber sig ar 10-ish. Wasn't a fan of how large, bulky and front heavy it was. I much prefer the m14. I'm a late-boomer. 32 lol
 
Last edited:
I have one of the very few semi auto only Winchester marked m14's out there. It's listed on here and GunBroker. You will never find another one.
 
Back
Top Bottom