18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

CoCoCo CCW Qualification

T3 Pros

Member
CAguns Vendor
CAguns Supporter
2026 2
Messages
43
I just came back from the range qualification for my CCW renewal. I implore people - if you can't at least hit majority center mass with your compact/sub-compact pistol in a CCW qual...please seek training. Doesn't have to be from T3 Pros, but at least some training from somewhere. Some of the results I saw were less than optimal.

2025 Qual_XMacro.jpeg

2025 Qual_G19.jpeg
 
Or at least know how to use the firearm. Qualified at their range 3 times. One person couldn't clear a malfunction and another time someone couldn't figure out why their gun wouldn't fire... Their safety was on. Both people failed.
 
Yup, seen that as well. Pretty worrisome knowing some folks are legally carrying but haven't put the time in to become proficient with using their carry gun.

Not asking everyone with a ccw to shoot like a pro. Just make the additional investment in training so you can use it properly and without endangering yourself and others.
 
Yeah I cringe everytime I re-qual. It is a sad state to see ppl pass and their target looks like it was shot with bird shot. I honestly think people need to be more serious about training. They are more likely to kill an innocent person when they are under stress in a self defense situation. You shouldn't have any rounds outside the lungs from 21' and closer.
 
Isn't 16 hours of training (including range training) required to even apply?

I will say that in my squad the deputy did everything in his power to pass people, including extra time.
 
Just completed my first qual today (Alameda County). Various distances from 25 yds down to 3 yds. Thanks to T3 Pros for making me shoot gooder.

I saw some wild stuff out there today. I think one guy didn't pass. Please don't let a CCW course be your first shooting class...
 

Attachments

  • 1000013927.jpg
    1000013927.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 5
Just completed my first qual today (Alameda County). Various distances from 25 yds down to 3 yds. Thanks to T3 Pros for making me shoot gooder.

I saw some wild stuff out there today. I think one guy didn't pass. Please don't let a CCW course be your first shooting class...
Let’s go!
 
Just completed my first qual today (Alameda County). Various distances from 25 yds down to 3 yds. Thanks to T3 Pros for making me shoot gooder.

I saw some wild stuff out there today. I think one guy didn't pass. Please don't let a CCW course be your first shooting class...
Nice shootin', but what were you shootin'?

Barrel lengths?
 
Nice shootin', but what were you shootin'?

Barrel lengths?
Glock 19. I was expecting to run through the qual again for two other guns, but the instructor felt confident enough in my handling to not make me send more rounds downrange and just passed me for the other two.
 
At my last qual a guy barely qualified with his first gun, but failed on his second when he couldn't safely clear repeated malfunctions, and was repeatedly failing to keep his finger off the trigger while attempting to clear his malfunctions, all while ignoring the RO's commands to keep his finger off the trigger while not actually shooting.

Scary for the rest of us until the RO sent him packing.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom