18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Colt 1911 Slide (WWII)

neomedic

⚠️ New Member | No Deposits ☢️
Messages
5
Recently acquired a CMP 1911. However, it came with a GI replacement slide.
Was hoping to find a Colt 1911 slide from WWII era and saw this on Gunbroker.

Is this a real WWII era Colt slide from GunBroker? What should I be looking for to make sure it's WWII era and from Colt? Thanks.
GunBroker Link:
GunBroker Colt Slide
 
Last edited:
If it were me, leave it alone. A replacement slide is still a GI 1911. The 1911’s in service didn’t stay complete with all matching parts for long as parts were mis-matched during cleanings and overhaul.
 
The same happened to me. I got a replacement slide on an early Ithaca frame (actually a repurposed WW1 Colt). The replacement slides are hardened while the WW2 slides are not. They crack by the ejection port.

You can get an original slide on the CMP website by cruising the wanted ads or on eBay. I paid far less on the CMP than I’ve ever seen on EBay. When Calguns actually worked , I scored on some new old stock pieces at reasonable prices.

I have 2 slides: an Ithaca 1944 for me and the replacement slide to shoot.

The collectors items are long gone . These are shooters.

I started buying new old stock Ithaca parts to “correct” it but they suck. The old parts are broken in together and are polished. The new parts are gritty and rough. I put all the CMP parts back on. It will never be correct again and it won’t increase the value but will lighten your wallet.
 
Last edited:
If anyone has a link for a Colt slide, please share. I have not been able to find much though ebay or gunbroker.

Thanks.
 
For me, the draw of the CMP was getting WWII era pistol. I wouldn't mind mismatched slide and frame, but was expecting Remington Rand, Ithaca, etc.

Absolutely do not want a replacement slide. To me, the historical value of that slide is not there. Unfortunately, this is just how I feel about the GI replacement slide.
 
These guns have little historical value. For 1911 collectors these are like those mismatched cars you see with different colored doors and hoods. They call them mixmasters.

The historical WW2 guns that are all original parts and finish with provenance and documentation have been in private collections for decades .

Until recently, these were considered parts guns or project guns. I think they are cool.

If you join the CMP forum and cruise the Classified 1911 section .Slides and parts come up. I saw someone wanted to trade a RR slide for a modern replacement slide. The best deals are on the CMP forum. Google search it and join. Then watch every day or put up a WTB ad. I scored an Ithaca slide in the CMP Classifieds.

There are people selling complete, correct all original 1911a1’s in the CMP Classifieds … $2500 and up. They sell in a day or two.
 
Back
Top Bottom