18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Colt Anaconda 2020

In the Turners holiday ad I saw anacondas for sale. Looks like it’s sold out online but I’d call your local stores they might have them in store.

Thank you!
 
I cannot find one of these online for the life of me (looking for 4”). Most places say they won’t ship to CA. For OP (and everyone) — where’s the best place to get an Anaconda?
It comes in 4.25”. Check Sportsman’s. You have to input a search for the gun and barrel length. Some are available in store; others can be shipped to a store (no cost) and you can also ship it to an FFL (for additional costs).
 
I will look for everything you mentioned when I finally get a Python.

As for my Anaconda:
1) Sear engagement in the single action mode: 🐓 the hammer all the way; watch very closely as the hammer continues to move BACK towards the grip frame when the trigger is pressed. This contributes to a rough release. Fixable, but on a weapon in that price range, they could have done better. S&W is actually superior in comparison (in the single-action mode). The lockwork that Colt is currently using is very good in double-action mode, smooth and easy to roll the trigger.

Whew. I cannot detect this on my Anaconda.

2) Cylinder chamfering: (or lack of) rapid insertion of ammunition into the cylinder is hampered by inadequate chamfer to the charge holes. Again something that should have been done at the factory level.

Most revolvers do not have this. Only two of my S&W's had this.

3) Serrations on face of trigger: subjective, however when using this revolver for extended range (training) sessions, those serrations really start to shred your trigger finger. Edges on the side of the trigger also need rounding and polishing, for reasons stated above.

I used to not care, but after getting my S&W 629 worked on by Sand Burr Gun Ranch, I'm a fan of radiused and smooth trigger faces.

4) Stocks: The Altamont brand wood stocks on the 2020 Python look very nice, however impede the use of some speed loaders by not allowing proper alignment. I discovered this when using the Safariland Comp 2 version, and the Comp 3 as well. The simple fix was to carefully file away some of the stock material on the loading panel. When making fast reloads under time pressure, it is an absolute must that the cartridges align easily. See point #2 above…..

Non-issue since I swap stocks when I can. I prefer Herrett's Jordan Troopers, but the business was sold and the stocks were discontinued.

5) Sights: The factory supplied sights sometimes drift under recoil. I had this issue when firing magnum ammunition, and light Target loads as well. The excellent Wilson Combat sights are the solution. Colt should have done this as well.

Yeah, I need to get a Wilson Combat set for my Anaconda.
 
I have both a 4" and a 6" original generation Anacondas in .45LC (in addition to a 6" and an 8" in .44-Magnum). 45LC is just a real nice caliber for that frame. With that in mind, I would like to see this new rendition also span out beyond .44-Magnum.

I'm not rushing to the store to get one, but if Colt (ahem...CZ) released one in .45LC, I would.

---
 
I cannot find one of these online for the life of me (looking for 4”). Most places say they won’t ship to CA. For OP (and everyone) — where’s the best place to get an Anaconda?
I guess you didn't put Anaconda in the search box on Caguns. I had my 4 inch Anaconda for sale here for months. Sold it a few weeks ago.
 
Trash…. Don’t buy….. not worth the money…… damn I want one lol. Been looking to buy one but have not heard much of a “review” on it. I have a 92’ Python and a 94’ King Cobra. Been looking to buy the newer ones but have heard “bad” reviews on it. This is the one of the few posts I’ve seen that people have liked the product. Just might grab one tomorrow.
Have heard nothing but good things about them. Haven’t really heard much to be fair but it’s all been good.

I have a 2022 or 23 python and it’s great. Trigger isn’t as good as the first the run in 2020, but they were so smooth they had issues. Still it’s a great trigger. I’d buy an anaconda in a second based on my Python
 
The Kodiak is an Anaconda with 4.25 inch, ported barrel, and a non-fluted cylinder. The manual that comes with the gun is the Anaconda publication.

I'm giving one to each of my daughter and son-in-law, as they are hunters in bear country; I have the guns, but not yet the chest holsters, which will come from Diamond D - a few more weeks, so presents need to wait until next year.

Want to give them NIB guns, so won't get to shoot one until then.

Please adopt me! Seriously though, that's awesome of you to do.
 
Back
Top Bottom