18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Colt Combat Commander - serial number not found in Colt Database

bcj68

Well-known member
Messages
208
So I have a "newer" Colt Stainless Combat Commander XSE (2015 - ish vintage). I've been trying with everything I can find to get info on the gun. Colt's serial number lookup has nothing (which kind of surprised me...) All other avenues can't show anything on the gun either (Colt Gun Parts, various collector sites...)

I really don't want to spend $105 to get the Colt letter just to satisfy my curiosity, but I'm wondering if there is something odd about the gun since it's not listed anywhere.

Anyone have any ideas?
 
Sometimes its good to search the serial # less letters....
Like some of the old guns I have seen say 000000LW nothing will come up but it you search 000000 you will find the range/year.
 
hand built frame with Colt slide? Gunsmith special? rebuild? Over stamp? maybe fat fingering the input?
 
Sometimes its good to search the serial # less letters....
Like some of the old guns I have seen say 000000LW nothing will come up but it you search 000000 you will find the range/year.
Tried it. Lots of other guns but not mine. I also tried with it with variations on the serial numbers with numbers. still zip.
 
Got reciept? That should have the s/n on it.
I have the serial number on the gun and the original box. I'm just trying to find the manufacture date. I just think its odd that I can't find any reference for the newer XSE models.
 
I have a colt .38 super I bought in 2016. Same thing, doesn’t come up in the search. I also have the original box with the matching serial number.
 
Back
Top Bottom