18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

CCW Contra Costa County

Do local police or any LE have access to the database which reflects if CCW holders have requalified with their RDS on their existing license?

I suppose I just don’t see how they will reinforce the requal. My assumption is absolute worst case, they check the serial of the firearm during a stop, and that it matches your CCW card.
It’s a possibility where the new permit might say something such as; optic qualified, optic ok, WML qualified, or WML ok.

I really hope they don’t go as far as documenting the specific optic and specific light on the permit.
 
No I drew from 12 o clock.
Good to know; thanks. Going to give that a test trial next time I go; since now all it says online is hip worn, and nothing about 3 or 9 ‘o clock anymore. Hopefully this will save on needing to buy OWB holster.

Everyone I qualified with all wore OWB holsters or only one person qualified with IWB but at 3 o clock.
 
I got no comments from the testing person whatsoever and was placed in the middle of the firing line. I guess it depends on who you get.
 
Back
Top Bottom