18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Convince me to keep my USP

On one hand, I totally understand the feeling. I've been playing guitar for the better part of 30 years. I sold my 1st guitar because as I developed as a player, I realized it was a dead-sounding log of wood so i got something else. I had a nice Music Man that was my #1 for about 15 years and I just... outgrew it I guess? It served its purpose very well.

I don't like poly-framed .45's. But the USP is a very good pistol all around. Whatever you do, OP, I'm sure it'll be the right choice, but sleep on it.
 
I think you would regret selling your USP. So many shooters have shared their regret from selling a now hard-to-get or now overpriced off-roster firearm.
 
My two cents:
If you do not HAVE to sell, then do not...
Set that USP aside and get something else that better meets your needs. Practice, practice, practice with the new purchase and enjoy.
THEN - at some point in the future, come back to that USP and give it another try...
 
If you are thinking of selling it, do it but never let them go for cheap, don’t leave food on the table, you friend wouldn’t trade it back to you for a bunch of sig parts that he might be throwing away anyways. Your USP 45 is worth at least $800, I have seen new private listing for $1000 new.
 
Sell it and move on.. our tastes are constantly revolving. I can’t imagine still having the first pistol I ever bought. A .40 S&W? What a piece… of chit! lol

Life’s too short to hold on to average guns! Instead, get the stuff that nobody else has. The stuff that makes someone else get giddy when you put it in their hands. Quality over quantity!
 
Pistols are like golf clubs. A decent variety can be clutch (different sizes, calibers, trigger system, etc). Since the USP is a "go-to-war" gun, I would keep it. I've purchased, sold, and traded lots of guns the last 5 years. I recently bought back a USP .40 S&W from a friend. I sold it for that same reasons you want to sell yours, but I am really glad it came back to me.
 
.45 isn’t cheap, so if you want to sell it to fund something else less expensive to feed or consolidate to a specific round, that makes perfect sense to me. Do you have to sell it to fund something else? Any kids you might want to pass it down to?
 
.45 isn’t cheap, so if you want to sell it to fund something else less expensive to feed or consolidate to a specific round, that makes perfect sense to me. Do you have to sell it to fund something else? Any kids you might want to pass it down to?
I think for pistol rounds, the best I could consolidate to is 4, they are 22, 357, 45 and 9. Who am I kidding, I can’t do that 🤣
 
.45 isn’t cheap, so if you want to sell it to fund something else less expensive to feed or consolidate to a specific round, that makes perfect sense to me. Do you have to sell it to fund something else? Any kids you might want to pass it down to?
Roll your own…..although for me anyways….9mm is back down to prices i wont bother reloading at (unless it’s something special). But 38, 357 and 45 are still pricey enough i will reload em
 
Okay, so here we go.

After heavy negotiations for something I didnt necessarily want to sell, didnt need to sell, got WAAAAAAAAY outta hand. The final offer is as follows -
Brand new G19
Off Roster Sig 320
On Roster Sig 365
200 rounds of Speer GDs
He offered to also wash my car once per week and wax/detail it once per month for the next 12 months

I'm still not selling it, but I mean, daaaaaaaang dude. I guess this matter is closed now.
 
honestly if youre not loving it id sell, USP's fetch crazy prices too, way more than theyre worth honestly.
 
honestly if youre not loving it id sell, USP's fetch crazy prices too, way more than theyre worth honestly.
I mean, I get it for sure. Supply and demand being what it is and all. We're talking about a net value to me (I bought this for $400 25 years ago) that is approaching if not passing $2000. I feel dumb turning it down but I mean I still like it enough to keep it.
 
I don’t understand all the anguish about selling guns. If you’ve got sentimental reasons for not selling a particular gun, then simply put it back in your safe. If you don’t have sentimental reasons for hanging on to it, sell it if you want to.

I have four guns that my father used to have. A Monkey Wards 22 single shot bolt action rifle that my father got when he was about 15. A 1934 model Beretta that he picked up in Italy before he invaded the beaches of southern France during WWII, a WWI era Spanish Izarra he picked up while he was in France, and a Luger he bought after he returned home. All of those are family heirlooms and will stay in the family.

I also have five other guns that I bought. I thought hard about buying them and I will never sell them.

I’m not what one would call a collector so perhaps that makes my job easier.
 
Back
Top Bottom